• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proper tee height

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
avg_golfer said:
If you read more in that website it claims not more than a few seconds to use. I have placed an order for one and going to try it myself. Let you know how it goes...

As promised, I got a Tlevel last week. It is larger than I thought. It took me a couple tries to get used to the ackwardness of inserting a tee and looking at the bubble level at the same time. At first I simply pulled out the tee as I removed the tlevel. But when I moved out the tlevel then the tee stayed in place. After a few tries it does take only a few seconds to insert a tee.

I took the tool directly on the course this past weekend and was surprised that I could make a normally slight slicing shot into a hook by just tilting the tee out (away from me). My ball went into someone's backyard as a result. Geezz! Now I know what the affect of tilting a tee is! I didn't get a chance to try the forward and backward tilting yet. I kept the tee upright on subsequent uses. I only used the Tlevel with my driver and 3 wood. I set the tee at the middle groove "D" for driver, and "A" for 3 wood. Irons I simply pushed the tee all the way into the ground, only the head of the tee was above the ground. I picked up tees laying on the teeing area and they fit on Tlevl just fine, except for the stubby ones. They don't fit well on the lowest height. This tool is made from some light plastic material. I simply put it in my pants pocket during my round. Toward the end of my round I felt a little more confidence using the Tlevel, and felt I get more consistent tee shots. And no one behind me was complaining about my slow play or lack of it.

My plan next is to take the Tlevl to the driving range and test different tee heights and amount of tilting with the tee. I'd like to find out myself if this tool is for keep or not. So far I am pretty impressed with this tool. It has answered some of my curiosity about the affect of tee tilting.

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
Posiview said:
The descripton of the 'Tee tool' states:

Description
  • Amazing one of a kind 4-in-1 golf tool.
  • Assists the golfer in setting a perfect tee height even in hard ground.
  • Built-in retractable divot repair tool.
  • Magnetic gold plated golf ball marker.
  • Serves as a club or cigar rest.
  • Keeps your pocket organized.
  • USGA Approved.
  • Made in the USA
'Cigar rest'!! What the hell...........!!

I am afraid the divot repair tool unretracted while in my pants pocket. Ouch!! Anyway this is cool tool.... but it does not have a tee tilting control. Just tee height control only.

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
avg_golfer said:
My plan next is to take the Tlevl to the driving range and test different tee heights and amount of tilting with the tee. I'd like to find out myself if this tool is for keep or not. So far I am pretty impressed with this tool. It has answered some of my curiosity about the affect of tee tilting.

Got a chance to try out the tool at the driving range. When I tilted the tee forward or backward and hit the ball with a driver, I could not tell a difference in the amount of backspin. The ball seemed to roll forward after carry in both situations. I am no Iron Byron by any strecth of imagination. Maybe the ball rolled forward less when I tilted the tee backward. However I just could not tell from the distance where I was. They both seemed to rest about 250 yards.

When I tilted the tee out, the ball went straight and turned left about 7 out of 10 times. When I tilted the tee in, the ball went either straight and right, or right (slice) all the way.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
.... so looking at the device, when you tee the ball up, level it, then take the tee off leveled. I assume there is a chance that the tee may move when you pull the thing off of the device. Do you just trust your instinct, or should one buy a little carpenters level to put on the tee afterwards to make sure it is still level???

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
.... so looking at the device, when you tee the ball up, level it, then take the tee off leveled. I assume there is a chance that the tee may move when you pull the thing off of the device. Do you just trust your instinct, or should one buy a little carpenters level to put on the tee afterwards to make sure it is still level???

When I first used it, the tee was pulled completely off the ground when I remove the tool. Not until I reread the instruction and pictures that show that I needed to peal the tool sideway, and finally figured out how to remove the tool without disturbing the tee once set.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I made one with material found in my own basement for free. Perfectly balanced and just used the same sharpy from my check-go for the proper depth. I''ll test it out with my Foresome Friday.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
avg_golfer said:
and finally figured out how to remove the tool without disturbing the tee once set.
But can you say with utmost certainty. I am absolutely certain with my model, and do not risk groin injuries from the faulty divot tool.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
I made one with material found in my own basement for free. Perfectly balanced and just used the same sharpy from my check-go for the proper depth. I''ll test it out with my Foresome Friday.

You're gonna have to pull something out of the bag because I think that might qualify as a club. It does seem more usfull than the other one tho. Good work. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
DaveE said:
You're gonna have to pull something out of the bag because I think that might qualify as a club. It does seem more usfull than the other one tho. Good work. :)
I thought I might just mount it on my putter shaft the way my putter is going, at at least I will know that my putter is on line. I think I am on to something, if I see a putter with a level next week, I'm gonna be po'ed giving away my guarded secrets before i get a patent for the sake of saving people money on this forum. Davebud, you interested? It will probably come in under the price of my current putter.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Jayhawk,

Slow down here. So I need a level and a tee and some grass.

What's next? Do I have to boil the tee or perhaps line the moon, sun and earth up with Venus? Does the grass have to be a certain variety?

Wait....you lost me. A level? How does that help?

I'm confused. I'm all messed up now. I'm hitting it off the deck from now on, just bypassing the whole charade.

:D

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Rockford35 said:
Wait....you lost me. A level? How does that help?
... and after the conversation about the Check-Go, I can only imagine what you really want to say about this device. At least with the Check-Go you do not run the risk of getting a fork in the testicles.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:
... and after the conversation about the Check-Go, I can only imagine what you really want to say about this device. At least with the Check-Go you do not run the risk of getting a fork in the testicles.

Now you tell me...:D

R35

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:

Sh*T! you've just made me spray coffee on my keyboard! Hahaha....

OP
A

avg_golfer

Nov 9, 2005
DaveE said:

Yes, need to take a club out of the bag, and replace it with that one, to keep 14 clubs in the bag. :)

🔥 Latest posts