• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro's goooooone

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States

Shit that's long been let go, seriously I didn't care at the time. My wife freaked out a bit but she got over it.

And regarding the entire golf industry as whole it's in the dumps right now. Number of rds being played is low at courses all over., I drive past a few courses and find it weird to see usually nobody on the course or at the most a 4some on 1 hole. I blame the economy and basic items like food costing so much more that people need to decide where to make cuts. But of course those in the industry blame crap like course design or slow play as the culprits as they refuse to acknowledge that it's asinine to pay $40-50-100+ for a rd of golf.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Wi-Golfer ladies and gentlemen.

Holy shit!

I don't sugar coat shit, never have and never will. We have members of our Armed Forces losing their lives over in Crapstaniskan and someone here is going to boo hoo because some supposed golf pro lost his piece of shit job at Dicks?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Way to bring politics into it. Let's bring Obama in next. A piece of crap job is still a job regardless. Can't be too bad if it was a salary job. I it pays the bills who cares what kind of job it is.

Politics? I mentioned service men giving their lives and has nothing to do with politics. At least the Dicks ex golf pro's can still go home to their familes alive. But nice attempt at deflection.....next.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
My mum said if you could nothing positive to say you shouldn't say anything at all.

Then there's this place. And Wi Golfer... Lol.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I didn't know those guys at Dick's were golf pros. I knew more then most of them at least about the equipment. Worked for a company for 22 years. Saved them over 2 million in manufacturing costs. And then it was downsize time. I just retired. It was their loss not mine.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It's corporate America folks. Working for a corporation has taught me 2 things if nothing else.

1. Nobody is irreplaceable
2. Always have a back up plan (ya know, in case they down size)

Other things that are a good idea:

Have an emergency fund for situation like...losing you job

Don't have a lot of debt...in case you lose your job

Don't stagnate, the work and economy are changing daily. If you don't want to get left behind, that's on you.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I don't sugar coat shit, never have and never will. We have members of our Armed Forces losing their lives over in Crapstaniskan and someone here is going to boo hoo because some supposed golf pro lost his piece of shit job at Dicks?
Compassion, try it sometime.

While I agree a marketable skill set is key to staying employed, losing your job still sucks. At least they were working and not being a drain on the economy and living off benefits.

But I digress, carry on gents.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Keep in mind that WiGolfer is expressing his opinion and is entitled to it. The last thing we want is for this site to turn into a bunch of linear thinkers that glad-hand each other. It's part of what sets us apart from other stodgy sites.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Keep in mind that WiGolfer is expressing his opinion and is entitled to it. The last thing we want is for this site to turn into a bunch of linear thinkers that glad-hand each other. It's part of what sets us apart from other stodgy sites.
Agreed

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Huh?

Seahawks fans not making sense.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Sorry Jim, let me... dumb it down for you...

Wilson > Kaepernick
Sherman > Crabtree
Seahawks > 49ers

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sorry Jim, let me... dumb it down for you...

Wilson > Kaepernick
Sherman > Crabtree
Seahawks > 49ers
We'll see how good the hawks are when after they have to pay Wilson the big $$$

🔥 Latest posts

Members online