• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro's goooooone

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I sold mine long ago. Didn't know WG had one. I'm wanting a .44 mag S&W revolver someday.

I don't think he does. It was the thread where you posted pics of yours and I gave my non-sugar coated opinion of it as well as some suggestions and WG didn't like me talking bad about your choice in firearms.

lol, I was just poking a little fun at WG in this thread.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
One thing I'll give Wiwi (yeah, I'm betting he loves that nickname!), he can take it as well as dish it out. As long as a man can do that, I can respect him regardless of whether I agree with him.

Oh, and he drives a sweet stang. I'm sure it's slower than the one I had, though...:p

When I read the above article, my first few thoughts were "never knew Dick's had pro's on staff"..."If they're at Dick's, doesn't that kinda mean they couldn't get a pro's job anywhere else?"..."Due to the previous 2 thoughts, this is no big loss to the industry".

I do feel badly for those who were let go, though. Losing your job isn't fun, especially as you get above 40.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
worms.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I sold mine long ago. Didn't know WG had one. I'm wanting a .44 mag S&W revolver someday.
I owned a Model 29 S&W for a few years. 4" barrel. Also had a Model 94 Winchester chambered for the .44 Mag. Yes, they did make a limited number of the Model 94's in .44 Mag. Had .44 Mag dies for my RCBS Rock Chucker press and reloaded for both.
The Model 29 was not a particularly "fun" shoot. After about a dozen rounds the web between the thumb and index finger was bruised and numb.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
That was what I used to shoot (friend's) and I didn't think it was too bad. Jumped like mad though. I had a S&W Model 27 heavy frame .357 mag years ago with 6" barrel. You wouldn't think a revolver could shoot those kind of groups.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
One thing I'll give Wiwi (yeah, I'm betting he loves that nickname!), he can take it as well as dish it out. As long as a man can do that, I can respect him regardless of whether I agree with him.

When I read the above article, my first few thoughts were "never knew Dick's had pro's on staff"..."If they're at Dick's, doesn't that kinda mean they couldn't get a pro's job anywhere else?"..."Due to the previous 2 thoughts, this is no big loss to the industry".

That was my line of thinking, how good of a pro can you be if you have to resort to working for slave wages at Dicks? And I can take it just fine believe me.

I don't think he does. It was the thread where you posted pics of yours and I gave my non-sugar coated opinion of it as well as some suggestions and WG didn't like me talking bad about your choice in firearms.

lol, I was just poking a little fun at WG in this thread.

I don't own one and wouldn't as they are cheaply made and the finish does not hold up. That being said for someone who only shoots a couple times a yr at most or just wants a basic gun to make them feel secure at home, well then they are fine.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
That was what I used to shoot (friend's) and I didn't think it was too bad. Jumped like mad though. I had a S&W Model 27 heavy frame .357 mag years ago with 6" barrel. You wouldn't think a revolver could shoot those kind of groups.

My S&W .357. great gun with 7 shot capability.

Attachments

• DSC05237.JPG
    DSC05237.JPG
    476.3 KB · Views: 64

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
I'm disappointed no one has called Dicks a bunch of dicks.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.