• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pro's goooooone

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
I blame the economy and basic items like food costing so much more that people need to decide where to make cuts. But of course those in the industry blame crap like course design or slow play as the culprits as they refuse to acknowledge that it's asinine to pay $40-50-100+ for a rd of golf.

Bingo.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
Ever notice in any article regarding golf courses closing or business being down they never mention the asinine rates to play?
Eagle Trace is a course close to me I played quite a bit a few years ago. They were going under and Morehead State bought them because that was where they played their matches. In that case the rates went from $25 to $45. People stopped playing there as much so course maintenance suffered and the price didn't drop. Now MSU has it back in great shape and it's $35. People are playing there again as a result. Last year I used Golf Now and played eighteen with a cart and payed just $17. I can play a lot more golf for that price.

Members online

No members online now.