• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pros who play TEE?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Since the Exotics line has such a following here I was curious about what pros might actually play them, whether it be FW's or Drivers? I see almost no sponsorship on tour of TEE, actually now that I think of it I cannot name one player sponsored by TEE. There has to be some pro's playing TEE, who are they?

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I've never seen any playing TEE. They might not spend money on endorsements... who knows.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
May be in part due also to their FW's and hybrids are the only with any bit of notoriety for success. Pro's would likely be tied in to using the entire line.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Many endorsement deals are for 12, 13, or 14 clubs. If there's a slot... a single club choice, it's not likely to be a fairway wood. Most will use that discriminatory spot for a driver of choice or a putter of choice.

The TEE's are known for their excellent distance. Pros don't "need" the extra distance many amateurs drool for. The pros are more about repeatability and accuracy. They need to know the 3 wood is a 245 or 249 or 254 club. And, they can get the distances needed to fill gaps between driver and other fairways or hybrids with fairways from the major endorsing manufacturer.

TEE's have done well in the bags of amateurs. That's their niche. The have one bag on the LPGA. (Can't remember who.) I wouldn't look for them to establish a very expensive prominence on the regular tour.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Maybe none has been around his forum, since everyone who comes here seems to end up loving TEE (I include myself).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online