• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proud but very frustrated...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I had to coax my sons out to play yesterday. Bribes, begging, blackmail etc all used as tactics to get them out on a sunny afternoon, the first time they have either touched their clubs this year. In fairness my older son had played two football matches that morning so was pretty tired. And the younger guy, who has real promise at golf, is a badminton nut at the moment, with no interest in golf. So we played with their grandfather and went round thirteen holes on a sunny but cold afternoon. I just worked out what the younger guy shot:

Blank, bogey, bogey, par, blank, blank, blank, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, par.

The blanks were pick-ups where he couldn’t be bothered finishing out or was just messing about.

This is an eleven year old, on his first time out this year, playing off the men’s tees. As the round went on, he just kept getting better, hitting the last green in two shots, that’s about 350 yards. I made them both a £5 challenge over the last three holes, giving them 2 shots a hole. They both cleaned me out the little hustlers!!

The 14 year old has game as well, but he's also an adolescent, enough said.

They both took the cash and threw their clubs in the garage afterwards with little enthusiasm for more golf. Scheesh!

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Looking back now I regret not golfing with my dad more when I was young. I hope they soon gain more interest because you can't get those days back

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.