• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proud dad alert!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Nice family pics going on there. Your sis gets a lot of speed going through the ball. Very impressive for a beginner, something worth encouraging. Take her to a pitch and putt a few times before venturing out on a course, to get the short game kicked off. remind her it is more important than blasting balls at a range. TW learned the game with the putter first.

As for your young man, he's showing too many knuckles on his left hand...only kidding!!! :laugh:

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Nice family pics going on there. Your sis gets a lot of speed going through the ball. Very impressive for a beginner, something worth encouraging. Take her to a pitch and putt a few times before venturing out on a course, to get the short game kicked off. remind her it is more important than blasting balls at a range. TW learned the game with the putter first.

As for your young man, he's showing too many knuckles on his left hand...only kidding!!! :laugh:

Great minds think alike, unfortunately she isn't one of them though :laugh:. Despite my protestations she went a had a go on a normal course with her fella who is also a beginner, she is now a bit fed up with her lack of progress.

For now I'm just trying to stop the weird wrist and hip movements that she has developed and it's proving very tricky as they are already deeply embedded. As she's struggling to visualise what should be happening I've sent her a link to a slow motion clip of Ernie and Eldrick.

I really need one of them to make it big in the game so I can take my cut seeing as I'm never going to make it myself.

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
If he continues and likes to play make sure you get him the " US kids" or any other kids brand of clubs, because they are much lighter. If you give him a heavy club he wont learn the proper swing and he will become a really really big sweeper and slapper. no follow through either

other than that hes a champ well done

Members online