• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Proud of my boy!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
My youngest stepson is in 8th grade and plays on the middle school team. Had a home match yesterday and he shot 45 from the ladies tees (middle school plays from ladies). Even better was he qualified for the match in 4th slot with a 52, but scored in the 3rd slot. On his team, the low 2 scores were 33 (yes, that's accurate) and 39, then his 45. His school also won the match, which included a total of 7 schools.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I actually play very little anymore. Just too busy being involved with their activities to spend half a day on the course. Although, it looks like I might get back into it this summer.

Yes, I'm very proud of him. That was one of his better rounds, and he's already trying to figure out how to get under 40 so he can play #2 spot. He knows he can't beat the #1 player (shot 33). That kid is already playing junior tourneys and doing well. He'll wind up with a golf scholarship somewhere...plays daily if he can.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This brings back memories.

When I played highschool golf, I carried an 8 handicap. I was the 7th on our team. We had three guys who were scratch, two that were 1.0's and another who was a 2. I didn't grow up playing at a country club and taking lessons 3 times a week, these guys did. Envious? Sure. But I didn't let it get me down.

We played a match against another school and I was matched against their 6th as we had someone out that week. I shot 40-42 in a strong wind and was pretty happy. My 82 was 12 strokes off the top score on our team (a 70 (-2) in that wind) and my opponent shot 96. My stroke differential made up the difference in the team score (we won by almost 30 strokes as a team).

One guy on my team was a scratch right handed and a 3 left handed. He was also a highly touted goaltender that was drafted by an NHL team but gave it up to drink beer and play golf. I think he made the right choice.

R35

🔥 Latest posts