• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

pull cart?

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
I'm looking to buy a pull cart in time for the start of the new season, since riding carts are so damn expensive up here in New England. Problem is, I don't want to end up with one that looks dorky. What's considered cool or trendy these days? I have to protect my image, at least up till the point when I take my first tee shot :rolleyes: Money is no object... that's why they invented ebay, right?

OP
token_hottie

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
that's a shame. they should invent a ladies line called bag lady:biglol:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's up to you. I prefer the pull style. But the push works both ways (for uphill, ect).

It's really up to you.

R35

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
token_hottie said:
that's a shame. they should invent a ladies line called bag lady:biglol:

LMAO - comes with 3 pairs of shoes & space for 150 empty beer cans.

OP
token_hottie

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
wirehair said:
LMAO - comes with 3 pairs of shoes & space for 150 empty beer cans.

HA! HA! HA!

Now that's some funny shiznit!!!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I've been using a pull cart but I'm switching to a push model. If you're walking alot of hills the push carts are easier on your back.

I'm getting the the bagboy.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I've used a pull cart for part of a year. After the thing broke one round, I actually found it was just more comfortable to carry the bag on my back. If I had to do it again, I would go for a push style cart. Alot more comfortable not having to half twist and pull the cart the entire round. Prior to moving up here I thought about picking one up, but not many of the courses up here can be walked.

I have known about a half dozen people that went from a pull cart to a Sun Mountain push cart, and swear by them. They are a little more costly, but you will save the cost in about 10 rounds of not using a cart, and will be more likely to continue. I would never use a pull cart again, but that is just me.

Ibwrong

Master Slicer
Feb 20, 2006
I have actually also started carrying my bag, Got a Callaway two strap bag and I absolout love it.. No more carts for me..

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I used a cart breifly. Then I left in in the back of my truck.... I was using the vacuum after going through the car wash one day and I hear this awful sound. This guy who just came through the wash gets out and is down on the ground pulling at something. I pay no attention as I am trying to get the whole truck cleaned for 75 cents. When I am done I look over and see my cart bag, no wheels, sticking out of the trash can. Now I carry my bag.
:biglol:

Maverick

*mmuah*
Mar 23, 2005
TH, I just ordered the Sun Mountain Speed cart V1..it's a 3-wheel push. I actually detested the idea of using this type of contraption. I rented it a few times at our course and it was SO much more easier than looping my bag. I will never loop again. I really do think this is also the reason why I've been playing better too toward the back 9..I just have more energy and less fatigue.

It takes a little use getting use to since it about the size of the baby joggers..but like I said you won't be disappointed..and if you take a cart out you'll definitely make it up if you start walking with this.

As far as the push vs. pul debate, after doing some research a few sites did mention that pushing is less effort than pulling and that the pulling muscles affect your swing more so than the pushing muscles.

UCONN

Jul 6, 2005
I bought my push cart for 10 x what I paid for my pull cart and I think it was worth it. The mechanics of pushing allow you to be all "square" as opposed to tugging a pull cart with one arm. The ability to push your cart away is nice too. One recomendation - if you get a push cart, get one with a hand brake. Using the hand brake can make going downhill effortless. FWIW

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
What are you? token_grannie?

Carry the damn bag! ;)

I don't even know you and I'm being a dink. But that's okay, the "wink smilie" makes it okay!

🔥 Latest posts