• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pulling Graphite Shafts from Irons

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I own this puller: GOLF SHAFT PULLER EXTRACTOR FOR STEEL & GRAPHITE SHAFTS Works great. If you're going to pull the heads without a puller, you have to be prepared to destroy the shafts in the process.

If you're not going to save the shafts, I don't know why you'd go through the trouble of cutting them down and drilling out the remaining shaft. It's a huge pain the butt. Just heat up the hosel and twist away. You'll ruin the shaft but save yourself a ton of time.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I own this puller: GOLF SHAFT PULLER EXTRACTOR FOR STEEL & GRAPHITE SHAFTS Works great. If you're going to pull the heads without a puller, you have to be prepared to destroy the shafts in the process.

If you're not going to save the shafts, I don't know why you'd go through the trouble of cutting them down and drilling out the remaining shaft. It's a huge pain the butt. Just heat up the hosel and twist away. You'll ruin the shaft but save yourself a ton of time.
^^^for the win!!!

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Take them to your local club smith and say:

Put these shafts in these heads, please.

Go home, drink beer, have sex with the wife, pick them up later.

You're welcome.
Lol, solid advice once again!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online