• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Purchased a set of forged Macgregors

LottaBalata

Reaction score
I picked up a used set from Golfsmiths for under $200. They seemed to be a forgiving forged set, which is what I was looking for. They look a bit bulky, but I'm kinda used to that considering most of my irons have NOT been a thin blade design.

Here are some reviews. . .

MacGregor 2004 V-Foil M455 Reviews

Anyone here have any experience with the V-foil M455's???

I picked up a set of them last year from Rock. Believe I paid $125 & they were literally brand new. I swung them at the range a few times but just couldn't get used to the big clunky look of them.

Sold them on Ebay.

good clubs - I had a few m565's - the m455's are more "game improvement", but they should work well
which shafts?

I swung them at the range a few times but just couldn't get used to the big clunky look of them.
I thought this was funny because you have 1/2 a bag full of hybrids

I do prefer the black insert on the m565 to the silver insert on the m455's, but if you're looking for a big game improvement iron (big bertha type shovel) these should certainly do the trick

good clubs - I had a few m565's - the m455's are more "game improvement", but they should work well
which shafts?

I actually have the steel shafts in s-flex.

"game improvement". . .yes, as much as I can get!

Yeah. . .I never know What to think of Wi's answers. . .lol

I played the 565, and I miss 'em. Always willing to throw another set of those together...

I had to call GSmiths today. . .my order status seemed kinda strange, and the only thing I could see as "shipped" was the cheapy litty ball liner I picked up at checkout.

So it turned out, my Macs were out of stock, the guy I spoke with found 1 set at the El Segundo store (Sp?), and has them shipping out.

Glad I called, I would have been pissed if I waited for another week or something to call.

Has anyone else had similar situations with GSmiths?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520