• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Push carts?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I searched for "push cart" but only found 6+ year old threads.
I think I'm in the market for a push cart. Any recommendations?
3 or 4 wheel?
How do you steer a 4 wheeler?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Here in Oregon we've got a company called ClicGear but with golf being one of the few sports available, carts are usually sold out and on back-order. Good luck finding anything new.

I don't understand the need for 4 wheels. I got my 3-wheeler on craigslist for $40. It does the job but I have a stand-up bag and it doesn't really work well with a cart.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
My wife and I have SunMountain 4-wheel micro carts, that I got for a steal of a deal, scooping up the last two in the store! For me the deal was just too good, I didn’t even really put much thought into how many wheels the carts had (she also liked the colour of hers...) I have never had any steering issues with it, when I think about it. If I ever do come to a tight turn, or require some extra maneuverability, I’m usually pushing down on the handle so the cart is on the back two wheels anyway. I did the same thing with my 3-wheel cart before this one.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I bought a Clic Gear 3.5+ 3 years ago, started really using it a lot last summer. I love it, swear by it. I’ve gotten to a point I prefer walking but to hell with carrying. It’s very maneuverable and rolls really nicely, steering is a breeze.

I’ve heard some people think that it makes walking harder having to lush the cart up hills, I don’t find that to be the case. I can’t imagine it’s harder than lugging a bag over hills. If storage is your thing, it has a compartment that fits my phone, few balls etc. it has a ton of add ons you can buy-a stool, cooler bag all sorts of extra shit I don’t bother with. Well worth the $250 or whatever I paid for it. Problem is, like Tea said, good luck finding one now.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have a 4 wheel cart as well.

It has a spot for two bags, two people, 4 drinks, a cooler in the basket and does like...8mph with an electric motor, it's pretty sweet.

We do a lot of sod work within a seniors housing community. It’s a very fancy place, has all amenities and everyone is super nice! I think you need to be 60+ to get in??? Everyone there has their own cart. Some are plain others done up to the nines!! I know where I’m retiring!!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
We do a lot of sod work within a seniors housing community. It’s a very fancy place, has all amenities and everyone is super nice! I think you need to be 60+ to get in??? Everyone there has their own cart. Some are plain others done up to the nines!! I know where I’m retiring!!
Cleveland?

🔥 Latest posts