• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

push pull cart recommendation

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
United States United States
Looking for a good, easy in and out push or pull cart. I have one someone gave me, it works, but is on its last leg. Im 44, play about 2 or 3 or more times amweek, and walk always. Befor the shitstorm starts about being a 44 year old that needs a cart, I have a bunch of metal in my leg, 16 screws to be exact, went to the doc a couple of months ago for plantar faschietis, and was told no carrying.

any recommendations? I do not want a 350 dollar clicgear,, and like a 2 wheel for ease and size.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Looking for a good, easy in and out push or pull cart. I have one someone gave me, it works, but is on its last leg. Im 44, play about 2 or 3 or more times amweek, and walk always. Befor the shitstorm starts about being a 44 year old that needs a cart, I have a bunch of metal in my leg, 16 screws to be exact, went to the doc a couple of months ago for plantar faschietis, and was told no carrying.

any recommendations? I do not want a 350 dollar clicgear,, and like a 2 wheel for ease and size.
Plantar fasciitis is FREAKING PAINFUL.

treebound

Mar 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Country
Watch your local craigslist and thrift shops. I've got two of the SunMountain speedcarts, one for me and one for my wife. Found one at a thrift shop, it was folded up by the bicycles and I don't think anyone knew what it was. The other I got off craigslist locally. Both in good shape, the parking brake works well, and they handle well.

I used to use the 2-wheel pullcarts but don't think I'll go back to one.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Spend a few extra bucks for a push cart over a pull cart. For me pulling causes a slight twist in your back while walking and starts to ache after a while.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Spend a few extra bucks for a push cart over a pull cart. For me pulling causes a slight twist in your back while walking and starts to ache after a while.
I agree. Plus the bag sits more upright and drinks and other tag long stuff like your bag towel work out better.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Watch your local craigslist and thrift shops. I've got two of the SunMountain speedcarts, one for me and one for my wife. Found one at a thrift shop, it was folded up by the bicycles and I don't think anyone knew what it was. The other I got off craigslist locally. Both in good shape, the parking brake works well, and they handle well.

I second the SunMountain Speedcarts. They are great carts and given they are now a few years old and SunMountain has the four-wheeled models now. They no doubt can be had for a song somewhere online!

OP
VA Park Ranger

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
I used a push cart over the weekend. The course had one as a loaner, I hated it. It felt like I was mowing the lawn. I left it after 9 and got my cheap ass 2 wheel pull cart. IDK, maybe I had a bad used one, but I just couldnt get into it. I might give it anotner try next time.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I used a push cart over the weekend. The course had one as a loaner, I hated it. It felt like I was mowing the lawn. I left it after 9 and got my cheap ass 2 wheel pull cart. IDK, maybe I had a bad used one, but I just couldnt get into it. I might give it anotner try next time.

i would very much believe that you fell victim to a cheap "no name" push cart. The SpeedCarts I find to be in a league of their own. Easy to push, navigate around the course. And easy to transport/store when not in use.

🔥 Latest posts