• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pushed shots...

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
When ever I start pushing my shots to the right, I make sure I'm finishing my follow through. Usually when I push a shot, if I check my follow through, I didn't fully wrap the club around. Most every time I cut off my follow through, it leads to a push.

Love your avatar man, wow, that's very very nice:idhitit:

Randicap

Mediocre is better
Aug 31, 2006
I've had a chronic problem with pushing my longer irons since the beginning of this year. I worked my long irons on the range pounding buckets and buckets of balls with no good results. Pushed irons. One lesson fixed the whole thing and added 20 yards to my 6 iron....

....rolling my right hand over through impact.

I had developed a habit of stiff arming through impact and not following to a full finish instinctively to try and increase consistency over the previous two seasons. This basically kept me from fully closing the clubface at impact. Playing the ball back will increase the tendancy to push, because you have less time to close the face. The first time my instructor told me he'd like to see me roll my right hand over in the follow through I duck-hooked the next ball 40 yards further than normal over the left range fence. Since then I've learned to control it and have a great natural power draw on my irons.

Bottom line: Your club face is open at impact.

My 6 iron was my 145-150 club the last two years. Now my 8 iron is my 150 club.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.