• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter covers really?

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
I use a putter cover because it protects the face from getting dings. I also keep the covers on my driver and fairway metals when not in use for the same reason. It's fine with me if one doesn't use them. My son-in-law doesn't even own any head covers. As my mother used to say "to each their own".

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Yep, putter covers are good protection for more than just the putter. Back in the day, we had some ST putter covers made, mine is still in the bag.

10 iron is a wedge, btw, so you actually do have at least 1 lofted wedge.

Well, they've ALL "lofted", unless they are 0 loft. Your putter is about 3 degrees...

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
My head covers stay on driver, 3-wood, 3-hybrid, and putter unless I'm using them. I've used iron covers before but that because I had just spent $$$$ on the irons. They were soft, forged heads. Now, no iron covers, but I have dings in the heads from bag chatter, and general play. I had to accept that they were gonna get a little banged up playing, so no iron covers is one less thing to carry around. The putter cover.... yeah it stays on for sure. When you pay many money for a custom Scotty, you protect it. The last one I bought, I payed $600 for it used.... lost $25 when I sold it...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The putter cover.... yeah it stays on for sure. When you pay many money for a custom Scotty, you protect it. The last one I bought, I payed $600 for it used.... lost $25 when I sold it...

Same. I cannot stand lining up a putt and looking down at a scratched and dinged up putter. I cringe when I see a playing partner scrape a ball out of the hole with the head of their putter.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Same. I cannot stand lining up a putt and looking down at a scratched and dinged up putter. I cringe when I see a playing partner scrape a ball out of the hole with the head of their putter.
Damage your own putter? That's your business and it's dumb! Damage the side/edge of the hole by digging out the ball... and I'll call you on it! Will the next person putting to the now damaged hole have to deal with your stupidity?? Take your generic putter you paid $9.99 for at Academy Sports and used it to just ruin the round for other players and go shove it where the sun don't shine... or I will!!

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
I have covers on all of my clubs. My clubs are keepers and mean a lot to me. Took so much time putting together this set, I want to take care of them if I can. Plus, covers don't cost much at all and provides some character to my bag. And it's a lot quieter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

🔥 Latest posts