• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter Dilema?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
and................

I think you are a lost soul!:)

Sorry Dave, I must have written that down in a confusing way. I meant I'd love to play traditional Bladed irons (like your old MacGregors) but I'm not a consistant enough ball striker with irons to get away with them. Putting is the one part of my game where I could use a any club from a traditional blade to a funky big mallet as I have a solid putting stroke, I'm just after one to stick with for the foreseeable future.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
****ing hell,65 quid for that thing? Great price,worth 30 quid tops,was it an 85029?

Yes 85029, I listed it under vinage clubs as well as in normal putters. I wrote Vintage (finish) Ping Anser.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i'm w/ rock on this one. choose what feels the best and stick w/ it. i took over 3 month trying to choose a putter. i went to the golf shop and hit pretty much all the blade type putters for at least 50 times. went home and few hours later, i was at the shop trying it out again. eventually i came down to two/three putters. after that i started to hit them w/ my eyes closed and picked the one that had the "softest" feel. it happened to be xg #1. i also really like the mizuno bettinardi putter, but i felt more comfortable w/ xg. mizuno putter was more crisp imo.

the next putter will definitely be the bettinardi though.

i don't like to switch my equipment so much, only enhace them by going through different shafts and what not, but if you play w/ one thing and have positive attitude about them, you will begin to love, and like the feel of a set that you are using. maybe sleep w/ it perhaps..

like my miata for example, sometime i feel like a girlie man, but i drove it for past 5 years and now i love it. is it embarassing? hell yeah.. but i love driving my miata in twisties with my lavander sweater tied around my neck.. oh and.. the pink shirt..

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
like my miata for example, sometime i feel like a girlie man, but i drove it for past 5 years and now i love it. is it embarassing? hell yeah.. but i love driving my miata in twisties with my lavander sweater tied around my neck.. oh and.. the pink shirt..

This answers alot of questions about why you hang out with Ez so much....LOL.:D

JK, dude...

R35

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
This answers alot of questions about why you hang out with Ez so much....LOL.:D

JK, dude...

R35

no problem..
just let me know when you need some root canal done and i'll make sure to cut back on anesthetics..:laugh:
oh and.. me and ez in my miata.. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
That explains it,the original 85029s are the weapons of choice for many older pros,they loved them,Love Couples and Els still pull theirs out every now and then

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That explains it,the original 85029s are the weapons of choice for many older pros,they loved them,Love Couples and Els still pull theirs out every now and then

Yep. There was one in the shop for $29.99. I went back 2 days later and it was gone. I'm considering getting one refinished, reshafted, regripped for a gamer. Putter has to custom, for you and you only.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
no problem..
just let me know when you need some root canal done and i'll make sure to cut back on anesthetics..:laugh:
oh and.. me and ez in my miata.. sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Easy there... I don't go that way... too cheaply anyway.
icon10.gif

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Well the Newport has arrived, great looking club apart from the multi coloured dots on the back, so I've removed all the paint fill to make it 'Naked' and it looks truly sexy. Now I just have to wait for a little milder weather so I can get on a Putting Green with the 5 of them to go head to head.

I don't have a favorite one at the moment and I like the looks of each so it's gonna come down to which one holes most putts on the day.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
IMO, those Odyssey XG's have some of the best looking putters around. Was looking at them on Tuesday there and they're real, real nice, some of them.,.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep. There was one in the shop for $29.99. I went back 2 days later and it was gone. I'm considering getting one refinished, reshafted, regripped for a gamer. Putter has to custom, for you and you only.

Before you banged Kylie Minogue would you insist on a haircut first?!

Don't do it.The older and tattier the better,uber-cool club.

🔥 Latest posts