• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter is at Cameron Custom Shop

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Well my favorite putter ( Cameron 1st of 500 Newport 2)that I use on course is at Cameron's Custom Shop getting the Peel out Purple treatment. I'll post pictures when it gets back. Not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend when I go play. I guess I could use that new Napa Valley Limited I just got but probably won't since I was planning to use that to pay for my daughter's first year of college in a few years :).

Cameron says it will take 10 days to get back anyone have an experience with the custom shop? Do they take longer than they estimate?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well my favorite putter ( Cameron 1st of 500 Newport 2)that I use on course is at Cameron's Custom Shop getting the Peel out Purple treatment. I'll post pictures when it gets back. Not sure what I'm gonna do this weekend when I go play. I guess I could use that new Napa Valley Limited I just got but probably won't since I was planning to use that to pay for my daughter's first year of college in a few years :).

Cameron says it will take 10 days to get back anyone have an experience with the custom shop? Do they take longer than they estimate?

Let me know how that goes for you, i was going to send my Scotty in to get inititals put on it and bend it a little flatter...let me know how it works out...

OP
cyberious

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I'll let you know how it goes. They received it on the 8th so we'll see.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The only experience I have with the Camerion Custom shop was a full restoration on a Pro Platinum Newport 2. That was supposed to take 45 days, but ended up being longer. Scotty did not like the way the resoration came out when he inspected it, so he stripped it down and did it again. Added about 2 weeks to the process.

Quality of the resortoration was top notch. Check out my photos of the before and after and you will see what I mean.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
They've got a 34/340 Mil-Spec getting purple for me. I've had several putters get the full treatment at the Custom Shop, but have never had just a grip/headcover since it only costs a few bucks more to get restoration.

All of the putters from the custom shop have been postively "vagipubic". Here's before & after of the last one.
before back 640.jpg
back640.jpg
sole640.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.