• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter shaft info please

jskd82

Ball Sprayer
May 19, 2007
I'm looking to get a shaft for a belly putter, I am using an odyssey 2-ball mallet. What is the shaft length of a belly putter? I see a 53" shaft on golfsmith and i'm guessing i'll have to cut it down. Also would anyone know what the hosel size for my putter is? or are all putter .370? Thanks.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You might have to cut it down, based on how tall you are. I'm not entirely sure on the standard length of belly putters, but I know it's less generic than like the 35" of normal ones.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
My belly putter was 43". I just cut it down this morning to 42" and it made a world of difference in how it fits me. Now the head lays flat and is directly along my eyeline.

I practised with it today after my dismal performance with my conventional putter yesterday and did better, AFTER I figured out that while putting with a belly putter, you have to hold your breath.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Length are around 43", the long ones about 48". Not sure about the hosel sizes. You may run into a couple of other issues, belly putters have a more upright lie angle, and usually have heavier heads. I can't testify about Odyssey, but that's the way Camerons work.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
My belly putter was 43". I just cut it down this morning to 42" and it made a world of difference in how it fits me.

A few more micky D's happy meals and you'll be cutting that puppy down to 41.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Average length is 40-43".

Rule of thumb is stand up straight and measure the distance from your navel to the floor, then subtract 2".

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I think Wirehair has some thing about lie angles I had a 2-ball belly and I was thinking about just putting in a different shaft and make it into a conventional putter but the lie angle would have needed to be adjusted big time.

OP
J

jskd82

Ball Sprayer
May 19, 2007
Do you remove the shaft like any other club? it looks like the hole in the hosel is smaller than the shaft diameter and there is like a thin ferule that the shaft is going into..... I measured the shaft right above the ferule thing and it measured .375 on my dial caliper. The shaft I ordered is .370 but the shaft that is on now looks like it tapers down into the ferule to a smaller diameter.... anyone know if it actually does taper down or is it just my eyes playing tricks?

Members online

No members online now.