• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Q & A with The Bodybuilding Golf Pro - Michael Manavian

295yards

May 5, 2009
I have always fought a big block. When it is bad it can go as far as 40yards + right.

I have had short term success over and over curing it; like the smoker who has quit a million times but i'd like something more long term if it exists.

I've went for lessons before but have had terrible results that made everything worse, to the point I do not respect most teaching pros.

I interviewed another teaching pro recently but his theory proves to be bunk. Even when I was hitting long straight high bombs on the Trackman he used to gauge my driver data,,and I was happy with my flight,,, he pointed out that according to the data I was at a slightly negative AOA and that I wanted to learn how to hit more up on the ball to get "at least 30 yards".

With my numbers I could not fathom another 30 yards and it seems far too theoretical. My initial launch was higher than my clubhead loft and my spin was low! He wanted me to stall my swing out before impact to allow the clubhead to pass my hands to get that AOA.

Even after extensive work if this could work I was not interested in pursuing a ballflight change because the newest golf magazine was promoting a 5* upward attack on the ball. If CHIII is not changing his AOA why in the world is it necessary for me too?

Is there any advice you can offer me on how to go about getting my shot dispersion tighter?

I try to stay aware of my shot tendencies. Mostly my misses stay inside 25 yards right and maybe 15 left. It seems this line is consistently throughout the bag so if I feel I cannot stay within my target reasonably I'll hit whatever club will stay within a reasonable zone.

This is how I've developed my game. I used to spray the ball more and would like to get my control even more but not at the expense of becoming shorter off the tee. To me that seems counterproductive. Like I said, I can hit shorter clubs that will travel this line but since they do not continue to go as far they do not go as far off line.

If I evaluate what is need to hit the ball straighter it comes down to the clubhead being square to the target, nothing more. Not that my launch angle is not the same as someone elses or my 6i goes too far and I'll never be able to repeat it even though i just smoked 100 in a row ( rant, rant; SORRY :).

This is not an easy task in my mind. If you hit the driver 200 yards it is easier to find the wider part of a fairway but as you go longer the margin for error is much less.

Every 1* of face angle away from the target line for a 300 yard drive ( for easy numbers ) is 5.1 yards off line. Now that's not bad but we still have to find getting that clubhead square to the target before we even swing because chances are you are going to be misaligned at least some 2-3*, so know you are already off line 20 yards even though that club was only 1* off the swing path.

I guess I am asking, can I expect to be able to hit the ball straighter? I already hit tour distances with reasonably little effort, it doesn't seem like I can expect to be able to have the same type control with the same little effort.

I would like to get straighter but wonder if a better path is course awareness ( BTW; I love google earth ) and management along with a progressive short game.

Take a nap and get back to me if you could.

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
I have always fought a big block. When it is bad it can go as far as 40yards + right.

I have had short term success over and over curing it; like the smoker who has quit a million times but i'd like something more long term if it exists.

I've went for lessons before but have had terrible results that made everything worse, to the point I do not respect most teaching pros.

I interviewed another teaching pro recently but his theory proves to be bunk. Even when I was hitting long straight high bombs on the Trackman he used to gauge my driver data,,and I was happy with my flight,,, he pointed out that according to the data I was at a slightly negative AOA and that I wanted to learn how to hit more up on the ball to get "at least 30 yards".

With my numbers I could not fathom another 30 yards and it seems far too theoretical. My initial launch was higher than my clubhead loft and my spin was low! He wanted me to stall my swing out before impact to allow the clubhead to pass my hands to get that AOA.

Even after extensive work if this could work I was not interested in pursuing a ballflight change because the newest golf magazine was promoting a 5* upward attack on the ball. If CHIII is not changing his AOA why in the world is it necessary for me too?

Is there any advice you can offer me on how to go about getting my shot dispersion tighter?

I try to stay aware of my shot tendencies. Mostly my misses stay inside 25 yards right and maybe 15 left. It seems this line is consistently throughout the bag so if I feel I cannot stay within my target reasonably I'll hit whatever club will stay within a reasonable zone.

This is how I've developed my game. I used to spray the ball more and would like to get my control even more but not at the expense of becoming shorter off the tee. To me that seems counterproductive. Like I said, I can hit shorter clubs that will travel this line but since they do not continue to go as far they do not go as far off line.

If I evaluate what is need to hit the ball straighter it comes down to the clubhead being square to the target, nothing more. Not that my launch angle is not the same as someone elses or my 6i goes too far and I'll never be able to repeat it even though i just smoked 100 in a row ( rant, rant; SORRY :).

This is not an easy task in my mind. If you hit the driver 200 yards it is easier to find the wider part of a fairway but as you go longer the margin for error is much less.

Every 1* of face angle away from the target line for a 300 yard drive ( for easy numbers ) is 5.1 yards off line. Now that's not bad but we still have to find getting that clubhead square to the target before we even swing because chances are you are going to be misaligned at least some 2-3*, so know you are already off line 20 yards even though that club was only 1* off the swing path.

I guess I am asking, can I expect to be able to hit the ball straighter? I already hit tour distances with reasonably little effort, it doesn't seem like I can expect to be able to have the same type control with the same little effort.

I would like to get straighter but wonder if a better path is course awareness ( BTW; I love google earth ) and management along with a progressive short game.

Take a nap and get back to me if you could.

At least your not a ranter lol

in a word - yes - you can become straighter but unfortunately you will get longer as well, i hope your ok with that. (can you feel the sarcasm? hey you ranted, so you will get sarcasm - :laugh:)

if there is a cause behind every effect - or an action behind a reaction - everything you have described to me:

-slicing
-clubface open 1* at impact
-AOA
-5* upward attack
-google earth for navigation skills on yet to be determined paths to your ball

ALL fall into the effect category.

Why take up effects? they are useless, and will drive a golfer insane!

always deal with the cause points.
What causes a straight shot?
What causes a higher ball flight?
what causes the ideal AOA for a given shot?
What causes google to take over the world? (sorry)

there is an ideal way to attack your ball that is most efficient for you for the given situation. anything less than your ideal (slicing hooking etc) is compromising.

so working backwards, its obvious to me that the ball is doing everything you tell it to. Its only reacting to whatever action(s) your creating - the problem is you have ingrained and believe everything your doing is what your SUPPOSED to be doing - yet your getting a non optimal result.

in your case its not a matter of what you need to do, its what do you need to STOP doing before we can show you WHAT to do then LEARN how to do that.

make sense?

take the failed chain smoker - they've created a biochemical feedback loop in receptor sites within the body, when they remove the chemical - nicotine - the receptors still have the desire and craves the chemical - to successfully stop you must either physically stop that chemical desire and suffer through it till the urge passes, or fill that receptor site with something else (hopefully not sugar).

in your golf swing you have so much false info your running on - its become similar to virus in your computer that takes over everything. at first its just bogs down your system a bit, (the 5 yard slice). Then maybe just crashes your system once in a while (40 yards OB). Then it completely takes over and you cant even start it up requiring you clean out the hardrive.

now there are two ways to clean out the harddrive - intricately bit by bit using a scalpel approach - or a sledgehammer and throw it off the roof and go to compusa and start over from scratch.

i prefer the scalpel approach especially with a better player like yourself.

then and only then you can you utilize all these launch monitor numbers -otherwise they are all insignificant and add to your confusion, IF you dont know how to create the numbers.

When i get on a launchmonitor i have a blast with it. I can create any number i want because i can create the action to give me that reaction. what does that mean - again nothing unless i can use it on the course -

for ex here a sample checklist:
hole location - front back center - left right center
distance
wind direction
wind strength
lie

then what club can i put on that ball with the given lie?

lie dictates club selection -

then what kind of action is required to create the ball flight which the green will accept best. - landing location, angle of decent, spin rate.

does it still match the club selection? if yes go hit it.

theres a wholelotta calculations going on. your not playing golf in a dome (simulator players excluded, or at least add some wind lol). My 6 iron ive hit on the course anywhere from 120yards knockdown into a gale force wind, to a standard 192 yards to 240yards nuclear downwind Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee shot i launch vertically into the jet stream.

to keep digressing here, knowing the cause points you can make simple calculations on the course to your most benefit.

lets use a hole we all got to know this summer - Bethpage Black #15 - a monster - 459 yards slight dogleg up hill second shot. avg during the open 4.4699 strokes.

if you hit it to the right your in the rough with a longer shot - forced to lay up - hit it left in the rough you may have a chance from 200yards out with a hybrid (ala mike weir) hit it in the fw and now your looking at a two tier bowl green with 81 sq feet of landing area front left. the ball has to land without juice so that it releases to the rear pin position - cause there is no way in hell your holding that back pin. the wind is howling right at you a good 20mph and youve got 190 to the pin, 165 front edge - 195 over.

now the best bet would be the first cut left of the fw, followed by the left side of the fw, followed by the center then right center then right first cut. - 5 locations 5 different shots same distance.

lets use the first cut left side and the left side fw.

first cut -
sitting up, flyerish lie, ball will release when lands. so hit a goer that lands 167-169 and let the hill slow it down on the left edge of the green while it spits it a little right. id take a 6 iron and hit a little 3/4 punch - shallow angle of attack - to keep it under the wind and not spin it.

from the left side of the fw - id take a 5 iron knowing the cleaner contact will spin it more than the rough and upshoot it into the wind. id also work it in from the right hitting a little draw so i can hold it on the left side of the green - this option isnt avail from the rough -

so these are two completely shots than my stock 5 and 6 irons that i would get from the launch monitors. those shots are useless to me. i hit a stock 5 and im in the front bunker and the 6 im even shorter because of the launch angle and spin.

so be weary of falling into the oohs and ahhs of the launch monitors - its a tool, no different than a scalpel or chainsaw, they both cut, but it depends on what your cutting.

295yards

May 5, 2009
I'm on board with what you are saying!

I'm both excited and flustered that I could get straighter off the tee.
My game over the last 10 years has been exactly as you described. First the shots go more to the right or start getting slappy. Maybe I temporarily cure it but it will get even worse. The swing crashes and I figure something out by way of swing thoughts and paths to get somwething happening.

I have been tightening up my dispersion over the last 10 years but if I keep going like this it will be endless.

Like I said all my clubs foolow a line. The farther I hit it by clubbing up it the further off line it goes.

If I could straighten out my driver, my exceptable 8i might be real tight.

Here's the kicker.

My head is congested and I am not getting acceptable answers from any teaching pros I've talked too. Infact it adds to more confusion why someone would say something so ridiculous.

Some people swear by these teaching pros and at times I question my role. Deep down, I do not trust anyone when I hear them stubbornly ignore me when I validly point out my opinion.

A good example is the video analysis.

i'm side by side with Bernhard langer for what ever reason and we are chasing hairs of this and that line.

I ask "is this necessary or even comparable...you can tell the camera view of Langer is right behind his hands exactly down the line. Our camera is 6ft. behind us and actually behind my butt ( which is about a 3ft difference; pretty much a 20* angle ). We're trying to get my swing more inside but I think it would look more inside if the camera was in a different position. Or would it look even more outside"?

I think thats a valid question from a paying customer.

My first teaching pro would've addressed that situation exactly like this. "Okay. you think you may already be swing enough inside and it feels like you can't get anymore inside. What if we move the camera and have you take 5 swings and let me know each one feels and we can get another look from a better angle"?

This guy was great! I responded to most every lesson ( granted I was not as good yet) but he helped me build a decent foundation that I never really progressed past.

His business is closed up and I cannot find him anywhere.

How do I get the sound information I need?

If I go it alone, I'm always unsure and constantly bouncing from swing change to swing change.

If I go to see an instructor I'm thrown off by seemingly bad advice and I never trust what they are telling me. Sh@t, I'm trying to hit balls with this weird swing and nothings coming off the club right. Thins, skulls, chunks, drills, pushes more drills and months later I cannot even swing a club anymore. I'm frozen over the ball and no idea what to do.

" I've been doing these drills for months. Is my swing even more inside. I haven't seen anything on video that shows progress. He says don't worry just keep swinging. He won't answer if I am standing up through impact. I just can't see getting to the ball like this. Everything is a bad push and know i'm shanking 6i's. I never shanked a 6i in my life. Why is he saying good shot if I hit a weak shot just because the piece of sh@t ball got off the ground. My swing is totally screwed and he knows it. He is going to settle for a straighter ball once in awhile. Are we there on video on that swing? That was the goal right? He's not really said anything in a few weeks. I think he is stumped. He doesn't know how to help me. i'm stuck like this and know I have to figure out how to hit the ball like I used too"

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
I'm on board with what you are saying!

I'm both excited and flustered that I could get straighter off the tee.
My game over the last 10 years has been exactly as you described. First the shots go more to the right or start getting slappy. Maybe I temporarily cure it but it will get even worse. The swing crashes and I figure something out by way of swing thoughts and paths to get somwething happening.

I have been tightening up my dispersion over the last 10 years but if I keep going like this it will be endless.

Like I said all my clubs foolow a line. The farther I hit it by clubbing up it the further off line it goes.

If I could straighten out my driver, my exceptable 8i might be real tight.

Here's the kicker.

My head is congested and I am not getting acceptable answers from any teaching pros I've talked too. Infact it adds to more confusion why someone would say something so ridiculous.

Some people swear by these teaching pros and at times I question my role. Deep down, I do not trust anyone when I hear them stubbornly ignore me when I validly point out my opinion.

A good example is the video analysis.

i'm side by side with Bernhard langer for what ever reason and we are chasing hairs of this and that line.

I ask "is this necessary or even comparable...you can tell the camera view of Langer is right behind his hands exactly down the line. Our camera is 6ft. behind us and actually behind my butt ( which is about a 3ft difference; pretty much a 20* angle ). We're trying to get my swing more inside but I think it would look more inside if the camera was in a different position. Or would it look even more outside"?

I think thats a valid question from a paying customer.

My first teaching pro would've addressed that situation exactly like this. "Okay. you think you may already be swing enough inside and it feels like you can't get anymore inside. What if we move the camera and have you take 5 swings and let me know each one feels and we can get another look from a better angle"?

This guy was great! I responded to most every lesson ( granted I was not as good yet) but he helped me build a decent foundation that I never really progressed past.

His business is closed up and I cannot find him anywhere.

How do I get the sound information I need?

If I go it alone, I'm always unsure and constantly bouncing from swing change to swing change.

If I go to see an instructor I'm thrown off by seemingly bad advice and I never trust what they are telling me. Sh@t, I'm trying to hit balls with this weird swing and nothings coming off the club right. Thins, skulls, chunks, drills, pushes more drills and months later I cannot even swing a club anymore. I'm frozen over the ball and no idea what to do.

" I've been doing these drills for months. Is my swing even more inside. I haven't seen anything on video that shows progress. He says don't worry just keep swinging. He won't answer if I am standing up through impact. I just can't see getting to the ball like this. Everything is a bad push and know i'm shanking 6i's. I never shanked a 6i in my life. Why is he saying good shot if I hit a weak shot just because the piece of sh@t ball got off the ground. My swing is totally screwed and he knows it. He is going to settle for a straighter ball once in awhile. Are we there on video on that swing? That was the goal right? He's not really said anything in a few weeks. I think he is stumped. He doesn't know how to help me. i'm stuck like this and know I have to figure out how to hit the ball like I used too"

295yards,

if your asking me to explain the stupidity of your past golf instructors we will be here for a loooooooooong time.

for whatever reason - golf instruction has no standard way of teaching. the pga teaching manual by dr gary wiren is a joke that isnt useful as toilet paper never mind golf instruction.

so as a player you dont have many options. traditionally - you can go to many pros to get all of their opinions, figure it out yourself or some combination of both.

my concepts are pretty straight forward and can be applied immediately by anyone who is looking for the truth - not some mumbo jumbo hocus pocus that will take you 6 months to figure out.

where are you located?
Michael

295yards

May 5, 2009
I'm in Kitchener Ontario, which is a province in Canada.

I would really love to work with you some way or another.

I really believe in the cause and effect reactions more than anything.

I would like to think I can realistically set the club going back and fire through without micro managing every thousandth positon involved in the golf move.

I have come to the conclusion the golf swing is difficult but made to be more confusing by over anaysis and reverse engineering.

I have never intentionally "held the lag" in my life, but it's there through hinging and centrifugal forces in relation to my clubhead speed. Suggesting to the 70 year old man with 80mph swing speed to 'hold the lag" just because still frame photos of 120+ mph swingers do is totally negligent IMHO.

Email me!

I'd love to pick up a copy of your book and share my golf ideas. I know I am wrong somewehere along the lines and I am okay with that, but I cannot blindly abondon all my beliefs because someone proposes they know best.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
295 your in kitchener eh
if you ever come to windsor, id suggest you go to Techumseh golf and see dave bell
one of the best instructors around
he works with you to make minor small necessary adjustments in your swing, not change your swing to what he thinks is "the ideal swing"
i think they had a deal like 3 or 4 sessions for 99 or 120$?

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Little bit naughty there Michael, Mr Wiren's opinions may not be universally accepted but to rubbish them is a little bit short sighted.

Your method may be easily workable, but you make yourself look bad by criticising another person's thoughts in this way. Build upon your brand as it seems quite strong, don't waste time chipping away at others.

I understand self promotion, but not at the expense of rubbishing others, there is more than one way to teach a golf swing as we all know, I think it is up to the student to be open enough to take on board what people say and make his own informed opinion.

I think 15 minute taster sessions once a week are the way forward,thereby allowing the people to see whether they synergise with their teacher or not, it is up to the teacher to impress then!

295yards

May 5, 2009
295 your in kitchener eh
if you ever come to windsor, id suggest you go to Techumseh golf and see dave bell
one of the best instructors around
he works with you to make minor small necessary adjustments in your swing, not change your swing to what he thinks is "the ideal swing"
i think they had a deal like 3 or 4 sessions for 99 or 120$?

That sounds enticing!

I may see what Manavs has to offer but a definite consideration for sure.

Do you have any links to this guy that i can check out?

295yards

May 5, 2009
Little bit naughty there Michael, Mr Wiren's opinions may not be universally accepted but to rubbish them is a little bit short sighted.

Your method may be easily workable, but you make yourself look bad by criticising another person's thoughts in this way. Build upon your brand as it seems quite strong, don't waste time chipping away at others.

I understand self promotion, but not at the expense of rubbishing others, there is more than one way to teach a golf swing as we all know, I think it is up to the student to be open enough to take on board what people say and make his own informed opinion.

I think 15 minute taster sessions once a week are the way forward,thereby allowing the people to see whether they synergise with their teacher or not, it is up to the teacher to impress then!

FWIW, I have been impressed with Manavs cander and think his opinion of wiren may be strong but he expressed to me that that is his opinion, which he is entitled.

This is an open forum but I don't really view he was self promoting himself.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I am impressed with Michaels opinions too, the self promotion quote meant that he was talking about his theory, that's all, which to gain any business you have to do to get it across, it was not a catty remark or critique.

He is entitled to his opinion, as am I, all I was saying was that he makes himself look bad by rubbishing another man's work, if he hadn't included that line and had said something about his theory I would not have picked up on it, he is highly qualified and he has found a way of doing things slightly away from "standard" instruction, good luck to him and I am sure it will serve him well as I hope it does.

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008

A LITTLE BIT? i think i was VERY NAUGHTY on that lol

as you all have may noticed, i dont find myself to be politically correct. doing so, i'd be in fear that i may miss the truth somewhere along the line.

personally i like Dr Wiren, met him a few times, heard him speak on a few occasions as well in seminars - charming fellow and a helluva gadget guy.

clearly my attack is of the work and not the man. and speaking of the work, it was my course material in college. i studied that book like no other and argued against it from day one. every test i took on that book i gave 2 answers to - what the book wanted as the right answer and what i thought was the truth. i'd fill out 2 blue books worth of answers for every examination and ask my professor to grade one for the class and my answers for myself.

in all my college classes i had 2 courses where i had an A+ average (97+), one was playing on computers (bs course) the other was methods of teaching golf which this book discussed.

my point being that i have studied the material thoroughly and speak my mind on it because i have studied it with such minutia that it borders insanity. i wouldnt want anyone to read that book, on the basis of what the pga has sold it to be.

in the health industry i would say much the same thing about say fast food, alcohol, tobacco and the like - dont do it, its detrimental to your health.

the nicest thing i could say about the book is that it was a starting point - fine, i'll give it that - but it should be now eliminated (reads burned :prop:)

cmon that was for you Charnock! lol

and a bit about self promotion - fact of the matter is that i am a technical guy - not a marketing guy (and very bad at marketing). i have never in my life sold anything to ANYONE. people buy from me - big difference. when someone asks me a question i tell them what i thought and they would either buy it or not. whether its a product or service i provide or not. im not into getting the credit, interested in the money or promotion. i just want to get results for that person. my problem becomes sugar coating the truth. I wouldnt want someone to do that to me and give it to me straight. otherwise patronage does neither of us any good.

i am well known for handing clients over to other people provided i believe they can help them more than i can. for example i can fit clubs - what i believe quite well - but i have sent more people to my friend in connecticut 70 miles away for clubfittings because they have the tools and accessories required to do the job quicker faster and better than i - i have no ego about it, because i have the comfort in knowing they will get exactly what they need.

**********ok obscene self promotion warning here**********
in my book :wow:, i dedicated an entire section to certified clubfitters, so that people can get fit properly - i dont know these fitters, but i do know they were certified by a company that i don't even do business with - but i promoted them!
**********end of obscene self promotion***********

my success has come only from word of mouth and referrals. i dont actively promote or look for clients. I started this thread only because i thought i could help and share information, and learn a few things myself.

i would be embarrassed if putting down someone gave the impression of self promotion - that is not my intent.

btw way DONT buy atomic golf lol:diespam::diespam::diespam:

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
I'm in Kitchener Ontario, which is a province in Canada.

I would really love to work with you some way or another.

I really believe in the cause and effect reactions more than anything.

I would like to think I can realistically set the club going back and fire through without micro managing every thousandth positon involved in the golf move.

I have come to the conclusion the golf swing is difficult but made to be more confusing by over anaysis and reverse engineering.

I have never intentionally "held the lag" in my life, but it's there through hinging and centrifugal forces in relation to my clubhead speed. Suggesting to the 70 year old man with 80mph swing speed to 'hold the lag" just because still frame photos of 120+ mph swingers do is totally negligent IMHO.

Email me!

I'd love to pick up a copy of your book and share my golf ideas. I know I am wrong somewehere along the lines and I am okay with that, but I cannot blindly abondon all my beliefs because someone proposes they know best.

Kitchener Ontario? Moe Norman's birthplace/home or something like that :confused:??

i'd be happy to help you anyway i can, and if i cant i'll let you know up front as well.

michael

295yards

May 5, 2009
Kitchener Ontario? Moe Norman's birthplace/home or something like that :confused:??

i'd be happy to help you anyway i can, and if i cant i'll let you know up front as well.

michael

Everyone who never knew the man will probably hate me for saying so, but I met the man personally on a few occasions and he was not only eccentric he was a temper tantrum throwing dick.

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
Everyone who never knew the man will probably hate me for saying so, but I met the man personally on a few occasions and he was not only eccentric he was a temper tantrum throwing dick.

wow, i dont hate you for it - i just never heard that about him before -

i met him 2x's once at the pga show and again on campus, he gave us a a 3-4 hour clinic on the range that i will never forget.

295yards

May 5, 2009
wow, i dont hate you for it - i just never heard that about him before -

i met him 2x's once at the pga show and again on campus, he gave us a a 3-4 hour clinic on the range that i will never forget.

Here's the 411 on Moe.

He does respect people reveered in the golf community and treats these people differently, so with your standing your meeting with him may have been memorable for an entirely different reason than mine.

From day one I knew I was more of a ballstriker than a golfer ( hopefully that changed ). Watching Moe on TV and hearing claims he was the best ballstriker in the world impressed me.

I never knew he had ties to my community but one day I saw him at Foxwood G&CC. Never said boo to him, just saw him at the bar drinking and eating hot dogs obsessively. I knew from TV he was quirky, thought nothing of it.

Next meeting was at Rockway, I had a tee time and he was giving a casual "clinic" on the first hole to the pro shop guys ( which in hindsight is disrespectful; but I didn't care I would have rather met Moe )

He drove the first green over and over from the white tees. Just hit the ball dead straight! It would land infront of the green and roll between the bunkers which were spaced 7yards, EVERY TIME.

I was impressed.

Being I couldn't tee off because him and a large group were not clearing the tee and he was putting on a clinic I asked about his swing. He answered like I was a fool and that the swing was ridiculously easy.

He swung my driver back and through explaining the machanics which I appreciated but when I asked about his grip he threw my driver horizontally down to the ground and stuttered something I cannot remember to this day. I was embarassed and pissed, and I still hadn't teed off.

That was cool having to tee off infront of everybody after that.

It was icing on the cake after I whiffed the ball and him mentioning how incompetent I was and his teenage followers laughed.

I seen him only a couple times after that.

Once at Foxwood where he made fun of the girl for how she poured his pop out of the dispenser trying to gather attention to himself ( no one cared )and another time at Rockway. This time it was after my round. It was late and already dark I was walking past the clubhead and he was sitting on a bench under a light hugging a boy no older than 12.

He just kept rocking with him. It was weird!

I was with the same friends that were there when he slammed my club and man did I take a ripping "thats your hero"

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online