• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Q" School...how does one get in?

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
I'm asking merely as a matter of interest and nothing more. I was just curious as to what the process is for someone who thinks they may have what it takes to join the PGA or even the Nationwide tour. Is the same qualifying school used to earn tour cards for both?

Thanks!

AAA

The master

Oct 24, 2004
AaA said:
I'm asking merely as a matter of interest and nothing more. I was just curious as to what the process is for someone who thinks they may have what it takes to join the PGA or even the Nationwide tour. Is the same qualifying school used to earn tour cards for both?

Thanks!

AAA

There are couple different ways.

1. You have to play well in U.S amtaure etc.. get reconised and even get sposored.

2. You turn pro and pay a hefty sum to give it a go bare in mnid you go no a big waiting list.

I'm sure there are many more.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Silver said:
I believe the hefty sum is somewhere around $4500.

Yep also some people aren't sponsored on Nationwide so when if you where to go no Nationwide you got to ake living accomidations, transport, tournament entrys into the sum.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
The master said:
Yep also some people aren't sponsored on Nationwide so when if you where to go no Nationwide you got to ake living accomidations, transport, tournament entrys into the sum.
Are you typing in Gaelic again TM?

OP
A

AaA

Feb 22, 2005
Are you referring to Amateur tournaments? Can anyone enter these?

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Farquod said:
I missed this...is there a big waiting list or no?

Yes there is.

AaA said:
Are you referring to Amateur tournaments? Can anyone enter these?

Yes Amataure tournaments that usually require a handicap of 1 or less for the big ones than you have to qualify and do well in them.

J

jcj

Same Q School for both.4k+ to enter.Have a friend who has done it twice.Brutal pressure.

Members online

No members online now.