• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

    We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

    Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about Fujikura shaft

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
6,544
4,977
Anyone seen the Fujikura shaft I just posted on the gallery before (or did I just get ripped off). According to the "club-maker" that I bought it from, it was a branding error that Fujikura made. They released the shaft and then had to rename it some months later. So I got his on offer for $79 from a RRP of $125. Make sense to anyone?

Anyway I'm planning to replace the stock Graffalloy shaft in my 983K. It's supposed to be a shit hot shaft, anyone run into it before?

shaft2.jpg
 

The master

online
Oct 24, 2004
1,735
5
IrishGolfer said:
Anyone seen the Fujikura shaft I just posted on the gallery before (or did I just get ripped off). According to the "club-maker" that I bought it from, it was a branding error that Fujikura made. They released the shaft and then had to rename it some months later. So I got his on offer for $79 from a RRP of $125. Make sense to anyone?

Anyway I'm planning to replace the stock Graffalloy shaft in my 983K. It's supposed to be a shit hot shaft, anyone run into it before?


I am a fujikara guru and have never saw it but that means nothing, it looks sweet, and slightly like the 569 though it is easy to make copys of shafts but I doubt you were ripped off.

Are you hoping now to get up in my region with this new shaft? :p
 

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
21,801
1,083
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The master said:
Are you hoping now to get up in my region with this new shaft? :p


From the UK or not, this sentence is just bad news.....lol.

R35
 

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
21,801
1,083
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
IG,

Here's a link showing the price of the Fuji shaft. The one in the pic is the 27.3, and yours is the 26.3, but same pricing. $125USD plus shipping.

http://www.golfstixs.com/torese.html

Specs:

Tour Release 26.3 in A, R, S, or X flex. 67 g, 3.8 torque, mid bend point.


Hope this helps.

R35
 
OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
6,544
4,977
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #5
rockford35 said:
IG,

Here's a link showing the price of the Fuji shaft. The one in the pic is the 27.3, and yours is the 26.3, but same pricing. $125USD plus shipping.

http://www.golfstixs.com/torese.html

Specs:

Tour Release 26.3 in A, R, S, or X flex. 67 g, 3.8 torque, mid bend point.


Hope this helps.

R35

Cheers Rock. So what will this give me in terms of performance relative to the Grafalloy? Any thoughts? I'm expecting a higher ball flight, right?
 

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
21,801
1,083
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, higher ball flight with the Fuji.

The Grafalloy stock is a low kick with lower torque, creating a mid to high initial trajectory.

With the new Fuji, the ball should come off the face a bit lower initially, but hotter off the face.

The specs on the Graf for Titleist:

low-mid trajectory
3.5* torque
66 grams

So, a smidge less torque and a bit heavier, but hardly noticeable. Basically the shaft you have now, but the ball will come out a bit hotter for longer carry.

(I'm assuming you have the Stiff model in your 983k?)

R35
 

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
21,801
1,083
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The master said:
Lower the kick the higher the golf ball will go. ;)


True. I mixed my notes up. Changes have been made accordingly.

Thanks, A.

R35
 

The master

online
Oct 24, 2004
1,735
5
rockford35 said:
True. I mixed my notes up. Changes have been made accordingly.

Thanks, A.

R35

I'm always willing to give a helping hand, hmm maybe that doesn't sound tight but don't mention it.

It is easily done. :p
 

davevandyk

Well-Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
35
0
Wow that link that you had gives an extremely high price for these shafts. Golfsmith sells them for $87. I hope nobody buys from GolfStix.com. I have heard good things about the shaft, but its a little pricey, considering this is one of the bottom fuji shafts.
 

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
467
1
I would mind having one of those beast shafts in my driver. Do they actually give you any sort of distance?
 
OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
6,544
4,977
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #15
OK

I've now played 3 rounds with the Tour Release shaft. Here's my verdict...

1. Great shaft, plenty of feel, more so than the Grafalloy. Hitting the ball higher with more carry, but probably not much further if you include roll. I played on Friday evening in a strong wind. Downwind, awesome. Into the breeze, noticed it a lot. :(

2. However I feel I am hitting the ball a bit straighter (probably still in the Honeymoon), so I guess I am a happy chappie all in.

3. Definitely a worthwhile experiment. I am now convinced that the shaft has more to do with performance than any other single factor in the club.

4. Now I need to find a scratch proof version.

:smilie_fu
 

Members online

No members online now.
Top