• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about hybrid, and such...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sure, I don't have 8,000 posts, but I do have almost 200. It's not like I joined just to address this issue. I don't speak up a lot. At least part of that is because I've only owned two drivers, two sets of irons, one set of wedges, one putter, two fairway woods, and two hybrids in the last 2 years. Some of the members here go through all that before breakfast. So, I don't have opinions on all the different shafts and heads and grips and stuff because I don't try them all out.

I try to post when I have something to say. I've been a member for almost 2 years now. In real life, I'm pretty quite too, so I'm sorry I haven't posted enough to your satisfaction.

Nevertheless, how does post count change the core of my message? Maybe it could be better talked about in a different part of the forum. Frankly, from my very first post in this thread, a large part of me had wished the mods had just deleted the thread and that would be the end of it. I just don't think leaving the comment unopposed is good for the forum, because someone may take that as the forum and it's members giving an implicit OK to what the OP said. And, I thought that that was wrong.

I knew it would stir up some sh*t. I knew some people wouldn't agree with me. But, I also know that what I said is right, and it needed to be said.

Perhaps you would explain to me how you pulled post count out of this? If you choose to continue to take my statements out of context I'll save us the trouble and just put you on my ignore list.

That said, I agree with you. I said this situation is a double fault, both in the wrong. But you seem intent on continuing a discussion that is going nowhere fast. You made your statement, and he disagrees. As far as the context of this thread, that is it. All I was saying is perhaps starting another thread to get a collaboration of viewpoints and a healthy discussion of where one might take action here. I admit firsthandedly that I also will tend to beat the dead horse, but I'm trying to fix that.

Out of respect you should have said your issues with him and left it at that within the context of this thread. I agree you have an obligation to speak up. However, you do need to respect this person to show that along with the "talk" of your moral highground, you can walk it as well. Set a precedent.

I respect and agree with your point Bignose, I really do, I'm just offering a...differing school of thought to what has transpired. :)

Oh, and its quiet, not quite. :ugly25:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
So I had 3 pairs of pants I bought for $4 bucks a pop off the internet from dicks, returned them for a grand total of $130 bucks.

I don't feel bad about it.

I have no problem admitting I didn't catch their mistake.
I guess you and I have really different views about what constitutes "not catching a mistake" and outright thievery.

So be it. If you don't feel bad about then there's nothing more I can say. Or need to say.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Again, I compliment myself by beating the dead horse! How, you might ask?

Well I was talking to my wife last night who has worked bigger retail jobs: Most store policy is when you buy something online and don't have the receipt that they still give you whatever price comes up. Why? Well, I didn't really care so I didn't ask, I was just amazed that Dick's was just acting within policy here. Crazy!

That said, I'm even more with Bignose than ever. Fat, its cool and everything, but taking that much advantage is just a tad taboo bud.

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
It's not like I bought these and planned to do so.

I never shop at Dicks. I found that deal online. For $5 I figured, what the hell.. The way I mess my clothes up in the red clay around here, $5 were a good idea.

I wore one pair, and hated them. I returned the others. They were some off store brand name pants- and I just wanted to exchange them for some other pants that I already owned, or some other golf crap.

Sure, I was wrong for not point it out when we rang it up, but don't get an idea that I concieved this idea from the start.

It wasn't the honest thing, but I fail to see the problem people have with it. I'm sure it's been done on purpose, and to a higher degree. If I went back and did it again, I'd be in the wrong. As far as the remarks on my character. Again- doesn't bother me. I've never met Bignose, never will, and won't care if I did or not. It's no different than some 14 year olds on the internet calling each others mom's fat, or anything unimportant to real life. People who know me, know me for what I stand for. Some stuck up dude who wants to push his moral agenda on others, can preach to another choir.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I got 6 dress shirts from my Grandmother one year fro X-mas. I never wear a dress shirt and they were huge to boot. She said she got them at Sears, so I went and returned them, and did so without a problem even without a reciept.
Sears gave me $49.99 per shirt for them. I later found out she bought them at the Sears closeout store for $6 a piece.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I got 6 dress shirts from my Grandmother one year fro X-mas. I never wear a dress shirt and they were huge to boot. She said she got them at Sears, so I went and returned them, and did so without a problem even without a reciept.
Sears gave me $49.99 per shirt for them. I later found out she bought them at the Sears closeout store for $6 a piece.
You probably gave your Grandmother a $6.00 tie for her birthday...:laugh:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I thought Lyle was doing a fine job of segueing the discussion towards the topic of illegal drug use in Canada.
:real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry: :real angry:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud:faintthud

OP
FATC1TY

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Lyle,
Might I direct you towards an auction on ebay for a new moral compass? I found them on sale, but I don't know if they'll take more.. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.