• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about Hybrids

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Hey all im wanting a TM r7 Draw Hybrid #3 which would be 3 iron, am I correct? Ok well that club is 19* but a Nickent 4dx #3 was 15*. What gives here. I dont get it. I just want a hybrid 3 iron I would like to stick with TM draw, But why the differance in Loft? Can someone explain to me please?
Thanks
Dave

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Hey all im wanting a TM r7 Draw Hybrid #3 which would be 3 iron, am I correct? Ok well that club is 19* but a Nickent 4dx #3 was 15*. What gives here. I dont get it. I just want a hybrid 3 iron I would like to stick with TM draw, But why the differance in Loft? Can someone explain to me please?
Thanks
Dave

Easy. There are no standards for loft. Every manufacturer is free to set the clubs up using whatever lofts it wants. You can either stick with one manufacturer or focus on the loft and ignore the number on the base of the club.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Well I think I figured it out. I'm pretty sure the 15* nickent is a 3 wood not hybrid. But it said hydrid. Oh well I found the Tm I wanted and bought it. You can close this thread. Thanks

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
the TM 19* is called a 3 hybrid, but you might find that you hit it as far as a 2 iron, not a 3 iron (19* is pretty strong for a 3) - I find something in the 21-22* range replaces a 3 iron a little better than a 19
good luck

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, a 19* is more like a 2-hybrid. My 18* Mizuno MP Fli Hi is considered to be a 2-hybrid.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Well I had a 21* and hit it a little shorter then my 5 iron. Im hoping the 19* is about a-3 iron distance. I hit my 4 and 5 irons awsome, but I didnt get a 3 tron with the set. So I thought the 3 hybrid would be nice to have. I will give it a try anyway. Suppose to be here Friday so I will see next weekend how it works out. Thanks for all the info all!!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
You hit your 21* shorter than your 5 iron?

Wow..

In any case, TM's lofts are a little strong on what they number them. I have a 19*, thats really actually a 2i, and a 22* is much much closer to a 3i you would normally find.

If you were wanting a 3i club, you should have gotten a 22* from TM. You might leave yourself with a gap, but I'm clueless is that might be the case, considering you said your 22* was shorter than your 5i... Which means a 3i for you, is shorter than your 5i.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
It was a 21*. But it could have just been the cheap A** club or it could have been the fact that I dint hit it that often. My 5 iron is between 210-220. My 4 iron is around 225-240. Im wanting about 260 or so out of the hybrid. Also it would be easier to hit out of the deep rough. From what ive heard anyway.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Your yardage "estimates" made me LOL...

So what do you expect out of your driver? 375, 410?

Good luck finding whatever your looking for, sounds like you've got yourself confused.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, Id agree those yardage estimates are a little on the optimistic side. Im very much surprised that MoGolfer hits the 5-iron farther than the 21* hybrid. Unless its a really windy day and the shaft on the hybrid makes the ball balloon really bad, I see no reason why a 5-iron would hit the ball farther than 3-hybrid.

monzter

Aug 7, 2008
Your yardage "estimates" made me LOL...

So what do you expect out of your driver? 375, 410?

Good luck finding whatever your looking for, sounds like you've got yourself confused.

I'm new to this forum, but if i'm not mistaken he's already applied the "Internet" correction forumula to arrive at his stated yardage ;)

That being said, hope the new hybrid works out for you. I'm in the market for one myself as my set only goes down to a 3i.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Wow!! I had no idea I had played golf with any of you guys. Oh well I guess you know my game better than I do. And I have the occasional 340-350 yard drive. Thanks... And as for the 21*, im not sure why its hard to believe I can hit a 5 iron farther then the 21*. Some people hit irons better then woods. Ok I was on the tee yesterday, 279 yard par 4, right OB and left water. So I hit my 4 iron, I was 30 yards off the green. Whats so hard to beleive about that. Im not here to prove anything to any of you. Im a hack golfer that strikes the well but suffers around and on the green. I asked a simple question than get called a liar, which I do not appriciate a bit. But thats ok. You all know how I hit the ball and I dont. Im not here to be hacked on guys, and I sure as hell have no reason to lie to a bunch of people I dont even know. Oh well thanks anyway. Hope everyone has a great weekend of golf next weekend. I will update you all on how I like the club anyway.

slowswinger

Sep 4, 2008
Dude, you should be on the Nationwide Tour at least with a 350 yard drive and a 220 yd. 5-iron. You would rank in the top 5 on tour with that length.:australia

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Wow!! I had no idea I had played golf with any of you guys. Oh well I guess you know my game better than I do. And I have the occasional 340-350 yard drive. Thanks... And as for the 21*, im not sure why its hard to believe I can hit a 5 iron farther then the 21*. Some people hit irons better then woods. Ok I was on the tee yesterday, 279 yard par 4, right OB and left water. So I hit my 4 iron, I was 30 yards off the green. Whats so hard to beleive about that. Im not here to prove anything to any of you. Im a hack golfer that strikes the well but suffers around and on the green. I asked a simple question than get called a liar, which I do not appriciate a bit. But thats ok. You all know how I hit the ball and I dont. Im not here to be hacked on guys, and I sure as hell have no reason to lie to a bunch of people I dont even know. Oh well thanks anyway. Hope everyone has a great weekend of golf next weekend. I will update you all on how I like the club anyway.

You sure do get real defensive about being called out, huh?

I don't think it's a matter of you muffing your yardages, because like you said, why would we care? You think any of us really care how far you hit "X" club, enough to argue about it?

If you want to ask a question, and expect realistic answers, don't give us freak "estimated" yardages that don't make any sense to try and help you.

What makes no sense, is if your looking at getting a hybrid, and "don't hit your woods better than your irons".. Explain your 350 yard drives, with a wood.. Then explain why you want a hybrid, if you hit your 4i 250 yards.. I would assume that your 3i, is well over 270ish?

If you strike you irons so well, and better than a hybrid, or wood.. Then why change? Obviously it makes no sense..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.