• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question about Hybrids

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Here ya go:

L10030222.jpg

That should be good for about 330 ;)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Whatever on the distances but if you have a higher SS and decent striking then you might actually find you hit a hybrid shorter than the equivilent iron. I tried a 23* Nickent for a while. It became obvious this club was shorter than my 5iron and almost dead on my 6iron yardage. I assume it was spinning like crazy although I could have been hitting it off the toe as well sometimes. I gave it a few weeks of several range sessions and a round but it was the same thing over and over. I found hybrids like the Sonartec MD and the TP Rescue had a much better ballflight and were going the expected distances.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
What is the Internet "formula"? I want to hit Internet shots longer, too. Sounds like I could lower my Internet handicap.

Kevin

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Ehh.. I don't care so much about tweaking your numbers, because honestly, it's just the same "my dicks bigger" contest.

But obviously people don't have control over those "tweaks".. Or maybe they have trouble with math and yardage readings... Or hell, I'll even fault a GPS, or laser rangefinder from time to time..

A 240 yard 4 iron shot is just laughable however. Maybe in a hurricane force wind tunnel behind you, hitting a rock hard ball with no spin from your iron strike, and then rolling down the hill soaked in dishwashing soap and plastic..

MAYBE I could imagine that happening..

In any case, MoGolfer, we're not calling you a liar, I mean, why would we?..We're just saying your courses yardage markers are wrong, and the yardage on the score card is inaccurate, because none of those make any sense.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
What is the Internet "formula"? I want to hit Internet shots longer, too. Sounds like I could lower my Internet handicap.

Kevin

It's whatever you want it to be. On the internet, I drive 270 yards and have a handicap of 2--from the blue tees. :ugly25:

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Well any of you are more than welcome to come up and watch me hit a 4 iron. I dont care. My 3 wood and 11* driver are both 12 years old and havent been hitting them worth a crap the last year or 2 of the deck so Im just trying different clubs. And your right the yardages might be off on the course ive been playing lately. Im not here to say Im a long baller. And yes I do get offended when im called a liar. I was brought up better then that. So I think im done because this thread isnt going to go anywhere. You guys can go ahead and hack at me all you want im outta this site. There are plenty of other sites out there with people that are more civil and can see outside of their own little world. Bye All.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Calm down man. It's common for people to start out and "think" they hit the ball long, until they meet a scratch golfer who really does hit far. It's just that to hit a driver 320yds. requires perfect luanch and spin with a Swingspeed of over 130mph.. If you hit some 12yr. old driver that's not even fit for you with a stock shaft 360yds. you would be the longest hitter in the world, by far, with a long drive setup. It's like coming onto a baseball forum and saying you throw a 118mph. fastball and your slider is 112.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
MoGolfer-

You'll probably continue to read this thread, and while it doesn't matter much, your always welcome back here.
You don't have to be offended because you got called on some fluffed numbers. It's just numbers.. I was only pointing out how funny they were, because I've seen many a people add yards to their shots like it's some sort of competition. It doesn't matter what you hit them, only that you par or better the hole.

You don't need to explain your upbringing, or that your being called a liar. Obviously your young, considering the quick back tracking of your posts, and the "watch me prove it" attitude. If you miffed the yardage, who cares?? So you wanted to impress "someone". As far as this site being in their own little world, maybe so! However, I've yet to run into someone here that claims some wild stuff like you have. Maybe the measurements in your world, and ours, are different.. And if so, I apologize for bringing any of this up.

You don't need to even bother. If you want to stay here, then awesome. If you want to take it to WRX, and get bashed for making blatantly asinine things up, and then getting offended when someone speculates it's false, then by all means!

Best of luck with your game and whatever else.. Hell, with a 4i like that, your SURE to blow Tiger away.. Now if you can get someone to believe it.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
Tell ya what We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I didnt think 240 with a 4i was that big a deal. Guys I am a 37 year old 260lbs Linebacker build. But that doesnt matter either. You all still know my game better then I.... You know the sarcasm is just a little much. And yes I came back. Im not one to just start something and leave. which my intention was not to start something at all. I am going to continue to Hack my way around the course. I have to ill feelings towards anyone that replied. Everyone has their own opinion. So no bad feelings guys. and I would just rather this thread be locked because im drained. I will continue to get info from this site. Some of the info I have implaminted in my own game. But im sure not talking about Yardages anymore. LOL

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
....and the emotional fortitude of a ballerina. ;)

Man up MO. you are going to get slagged for numbers like that by people who do not know you on every forum you go to. better get used to it and have a video on hand to disprove the unbelievers.

OP
M

MoGolfer

Jul 23, 2008
I here ya SlingBlade. I just wont bring it up anymore. I do not feel any need to prove it anyway.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Back to your original topic, the R7draw hybrid. The club is made with a superlight shaft, mucho weight set way back in the head as well as in the heel. The face is very shut. It's made for a slow swingspeed player who has a lot of trouble getting the ball up in the air and fights a vicious slice. I'm not postive but I don't even think they have a stiff shaft as an option for the club. I hit a driver about 265yds. and I would hook that club off the golf course into the neighborhood 2 blocks away. If you are a high ballspeed player than it is the total and complete opposite club of what would suit you. Look at a Sonartec MD with an X100 steel shaft or a Project X 6.5 or 7.0 steel. Adams Idea pro with VS Proto 95X shaft would also be decent. Also UST makes an Xflex V2 hybrid shaft with 1.6 torque, which would fit extraordinary ballspeeds.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
ezra,

What you just said so eloquently and technically, is what in the back of my mind I was thinking. I'm no muscle swinger, but I do know that the r7 draw, I'd have hooked into the back of the head of someone well on the other fairway.

And, the shaft suggestions are logical for the information given, however- obviously not ideally what he'd want....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.