• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

question for club builders

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
ualtim said:
By saying they are comparable or similar to "X" brand, are you not trying to cash in on the marketing of "X" brand? If the club in question was good enough on its own design merits why does it have to be similar or comparable to a highly marketed product?

(Tapping the end of my nose).

Excellent 'Tim.

R35

OP
K

kvasant

Mar 20, 2006
FWIW, to follow-up...

I did start to get used to the club and was hitting it pretty decently over a couple of rounds. But it was not with the ease and confidence or consistency that I got with that first head. So I did buy another one, it arrived yesterday and once again I am thrilled. It is (as I said of the first one) so easy to hit, and I mean I can step up and confidently give it a full all-out rip. It is so much fun to do that, and just to know you *can* do that without getting into trouble. The ball flight is a beautiful thing.

So I still am not completely sure what was going on with that 2nd club head. under close inspection it looks exactly like the new one. Whatever, I won't worry about it. I'm happy again.

Lloyd Hackman

Dec 12, 2005
In most cases the same manufacturer that makes the OEM heads makes the so-called clone heads. You are probably getting the out of tolerance heads as clones. You could have gone from 2* closed to 2* open on the head or the shaft may have been put back in out of alignment with the way the original shaft installation was placed, causing a fade bias.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.