• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question for Scotty Experts....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Jeff, you dont have more confidence looking down on your mizzys than you would looking down at say a r7 CGB Max iron?

Its the same with putters dude. If you dont get it dont worry about it.

The difference is, an r7 CGB Max is a completely different animal.

You can get mallets, blades, anything, in a cheaper format. All I'm saying, is it's 95%...okay, maybe 85% indian here, not arrow.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yea, but confidence IN the club plays a huge part of it. The mental part of it.

I dont care if a CGB max is different, obv you'll have more confidence looking down at ur mizzys then them as they just radiate a look of precision n'es pas?

Obv you have to have a good stroke, but the idea of knowing you have a quality instrument in your hands does wonders for the mind.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, I'll just relinquish that we see it as different philosophies, chief.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I guess so. i will agree that one must be a good putter, but once someone is a good putter, a certain putter will inspire confidence in the player.

You can't tell me you don't have the most possible confidence in your 2ball over other putters, otherwise you would get that other putter right?

I have the most confidence in my SC, i'd use a 25$ walmart putter if i felt best over it, but to each his own.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nah not really. I've forgotten my putter before, even in tournament. Once I used my moms Rossa Monza, my old carbite, whatever.

I do understand what you are saying though, mine is a more...staunch approach.

Also, as I said, if it's that specific Cameron that gives you confidence, I yield, but people who buy Camerons because they think they can putt with nothing else...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Yea, I agree with your last statement about Camerons in general or a specific putter (ie mine:D).

If i'd forgotten my putter, odds are i'd putt just as well, if not close to it, but i would feel a lot weirder guaranteed.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.