• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question for Scotty Experts....

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've had a low of 21 putts in a round with my 2Ball, and 23 with my old 15 dollar carbite, it wouldn't have mattered.

A Cameron won't shave strokes, ego and misconception will.

I could care less what it says on the side of my putter, nor do I care how many $$$ I had to spend on it.

I'm a decent putter (though, like everything else, not in your league) and I've played with a lot of flatsticks. A lot. A Scotty stayed in my bag for over years, which is some kind of record for a putter ho like me. Do you know why? Because it HELPED me lower my stroke average. And yes, that's a statistically factual statement. Is it because it's a Scotty? Yes. And no. Yes, because it's a well-constructed, well-balanced putter with good feel. No, because it could have said Ping, Cleveland, Odyssey, or any of a dozen other names on it, and it would have still been the best putter for me.

I recently found a Nike T130 that I like even better. Do I give a rat's ass that it kicked a Scotty out of my bag? Hell no. Will I look at other Scotty's down the road? You bet. Why? Because they are superior instruments that can help a golfer sink more putts.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
WOW! 21 putts is something like 15 one putt greens, that's some mighty fine shooting.

I do mention it's a low, and the front nine was a decent bit of scrambling.

Also, what I'm getting at, is that imagine what three hundred dollars worth of lessons, focused solely on your putting, could do for you.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Also, what I'm getting at, is that imagine what three hundred dollars worth of lessons, focused solely on your putting, could do for you.

Just imagine what most of us could do with all the money we spent on drivers. :D WBL could probably afford lessons with Butch Harmon!:laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, that is true. But I'm pretty happy with how my driving is going, in fact, I'm thrilled.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Just imagine what most of us could do with all the money we spent on drivers. :D WBL could probably afford lessons with Butch Harmon!:laugh:

Drivers, not so much for me, but if I had all the money I spent on putters, I'd probably buy another putter.:)

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
i hit a putt with a friend's Scotty TEL3 today on 18 after we finished....very nice
my putter's days are numbered

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol at 21 putts being mighty fine shooting:) Er,its actually crap shooting because 15 greens got missed.Great short game though;)

Scotty makes the best Anser clones on the market,lets not be hard on the brand.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Lol at 21 putts being mighty fine shooting:) Er,its actually crap shooting because 15 greens got missed.Great short game though;)

Hippocratic FOOL. I detect two smilies in your post.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006

You're inferring that everyone of those one putts was for par, ;)

But true, mediocre approach game, but still shot under par. I was quite happy.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Bollocks,I succumbed and used smilies.Youa re all FOOLS,its was a reverse joke on you FOOLS

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Also, no material object should give you confidence in golf that you can putt or you can't.

Your talent, or lack-there-of, should.

Strive to be better than your equipment.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Jeff, you dont have more confidence looking down on your mizzys than you would looking down at say a r7 CGB Max iron?

Its the same with putters dude. If you dont get it dont worry about it.

🔥 Latest posts