• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quick imput needed...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm without irons at the moment (sold my Cally's and back ups on Ebay tonight). I want to go back to forged irons but forgiving as iron striking is the most inconsistant part of my game. I'm also waiting for my Titleist D1 to turn up so I am after a forgiving driver that will play 2nd fiddle to that when it arrives.

Choices for irons are TM 320's 3-pw with the standard rifle shafts in good condition for £120. Cobra SS Forged 3-pw, auction on going but offers around £150 will sercure (i think) also in good nick or Mizuno comp EZ's 2-sw heads in average condition but need reshafting for £150 bin or starting bid of £40 with 3 days to run.

Driver choice is between A Brand new Cobra SZ 460 9 degree NV-H for £89 or a Good condition TM R7 460 10.5 degree with reg Graf blue.

Gonna buy/bid in next half hour as I can't sleep,

Input appreciated.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
for the driver, id go with the r7 460.. the graf blue should lower the launch of the 10.5, to make it about right for you..

for the irons, i say neither... but if i absolutely had to pick one of the 3, id pick the cobra forged... is it the carbon forged?? if so, then 150 is a great deal!!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
for the driver, id go with the r7 460.. the graf blue should lower the launch of the 10.5, to make it about right for you..

for the irons, i say neither... but if i absolutely had to pick one of the 3, id pick the cobra forged... is it the carbon forged?? if so, then 150 is a great deal!!

They are just the Cobra SS forged a few years old eBay.co.uk: COBRA FORGED SS IRONS 3-PW R/HAND S/SHAFT SECOND HAND (item 180124048968 end time 03-Jun-07 20:19:35 BST)

Just realised it's the TM 300's that are forged the 320's have the feel cartridge but I don't think they're forged??? But liking the reviews I've read on them at golf review. Rifle flighted shafts as well, tempted.

May just go all TM if it's good enough for Ez???

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
That driver will be perfect for you, I'd guess it kicks the Titleist out the bag (when the titleist eventually arrives)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
You are a sick, sick man. :laugh:

Something about a pot and a kettle comes to mind.........:laugh:

I think we have found a UK equivilent to Ez. Next thing you know, MG will be reshafting that R7 over his stove. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I foresee a great increase in the trade between our two countries...:)

Dannykos

Sep 20, 2006
MG - you could have picked up a nice set of MP32's or MX23s for less than £200!?! And as for dirvers - well, there's always the burner going cheap!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
MG - you could have picked up a nice set of MP32's or MX23s for less than £200!?! And as for dirvers - well, there's always the burner going cheap!

The irons were £120 the driver £99 so it was £220 for both. The things you do when your p*ssed up on a Tuesday night. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.