• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quick question about Re-shafting my irons?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm half way through re-shafting my Cobras with some new Rifle Flighted 5.5's. Well I've installed the shafts and cut them to size, just got to fit the new sharpro Multi's I've got for them and I'm done. :D

Just one question for you club makers. The shafts I bought came with the spine's marked on them. I think the seller said to allign them to the target, is this correct? If not how should they be installed? (bought them about 10 months ago so not 100% on the instructions he gave me).

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
im pretty sure you are supposed to align the spine in the 12 o clock position.. ie facing straight up...

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I haven't read the thread about people getting emotional about spineing shafts, but I think one of the issues is that while it's known that shafts have spines, we're not sure how much impact they have on scores or even what the best position for the spin is.

thinking through it, I would think that the spine is the least flexible part of the shaft - I would probably align it towards the target or straight away from it - that way, if the ball goes left or right, you know it's your fault, not the shaft

I think a 12 oclock spine would favor hitting the ball a little right (or maybe left) not really sure - good luck

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
NBP to target, this will usually put the spine at the 12 o'clock position.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
NBP to target, this will usually put the spine at the 12 o'clock position.

hey, i was right for once!! :laugh:

im thinking about having my redboard spined when i get it..

whats the difference between spined and flo'd?? or are they the same?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.