• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quick update

295yards

May 5, 2009
I feel like a light bulb went off in my head!

I've posted recently that my swing has been gradually deteriorating over the last couple months ( maybe longer ?)

I'm an internal thinker and when my swing went off I just started playing with my swing and change after change has compounded my errors. Way too many swing thoughts but whatever, it's part of the process no matter how much you beleive in not thinking, I think.

Anyways I did some mirror work and realised my continually deteriorating swing progressed to a horrible swaying backswing and no weight shift forward.

I'm sure even some of the time my weight before was going forward than back.

This is a hack swing and something I had worked to accomplish not doing since near dat one.

I've only made practice swings in the mirror from 9:00 to 3:00 but I hope to god this is what I need.

It feels right!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I've recently made a revalation of sorts over keeping my head down... one of the simpleist things of golf. I was trying to hard to make sure I was in correct positions on the backswing, so I would watch my hands/clubhead for a split second when I took the club away. Seems that split second was just enough for my head to move causing inconsistancy... madening game I tell you!!!

OP
295yards

295yards

May 5, 2009
QUOTE=slickpitt;342200]I've recently made a revalation of sorts over keeping my head down... one of the simpleist things of golf. I was trying to hard to make sure I was in correct positions on the backswing, so I would watch my hands/clubhead for a split second when I took the club away. Seems that split second was just enough for my head to move causing inconsistancy... madening game I tell you!!![/QUOTE]

Imagine hitting fairly pure drivers and irons consistently and realising my shot dispersion over my distance was as fairly close to as good as it was going to get and being able to hit the proper to club to stay in play while honing a decent short game.

Doing this I went from always missing out on that chip that just didn't get close enough or lipping out puts to shoot an easy 80. One day I even put the lights out with big bombs and an AMAZING short game to shoot 67; first time ever to get 4 strokes within par and I go 5 under with two bogeys!!!

After that it has been drives that go left, right, straight up and after a third shot on a par 4 and still 30 yards away I would shank a chip and be 70 yards away in the rough and hitting three times in a row way too often, with hopes of just somehow staying under 100!

It is a madenning game!

And I can sell you this miracle DVD so this never... :diespam:

Ha. Just kidding!

I hope I have it figured out and am going to hit some balls today, so I'll post back.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I have come to the realization that I simply suck at golf & have no inclination to practice at getting better.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I do not hit balls at the range except for the 3 or 4 times a year I check my swing on video. I spend my practice time working on body drills at home in front of a mirror and chipping and putting at the practice green of my home course.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.