• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Quick Visit to Pine Valley

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Work took me just a few miles from Pine Valley today so I plugged it into my GPS to check the place out. Its not at all what you would expect for supposedly the greatest golf course in the world. You drive thru a run down old town complete with deralicts on the corners. Turn down a road that goes behind a dumpy shopping center with more deralicts hanging out by the dumpster. Then you go past a run down old ammusment park and follow the road thru a run down neighborhood where the houses have more junk cars than shrubbery in the yards. Follow the road about a mile and a half further and you start seeing the Dead End signs along the train tracks. At the dead end you cross the train tracks and you have come into the metropolous of Pine Valley. The golf course is actually its own town. Just ahead of you is the Pine Valley Police Department which resides in a building the size of your typical 10 x 12 tool shed. Next to that you have the Pine Valley Municipal Building. Beyond that you reach the gaurd house where you are politely asked to turn around if you are not a member or a guest. I did get a look at one of the holes by the entrance. It just looked like a golf course to me.

I would like to go back sometime soon to actually play the place though. I do know one member and our local section of the PGA holds a tournament there once every few years.

It was an interesting adventure.:)

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
It seems like sometimes the best courses are in areas like this. When you describing the drive it reminded me of the drive to cog hill in the chicago burbs and that place is very nice.

🔥 Latest posts