• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R.I.P. Billy Casper

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
RIP Billy Casper. Always enjoyed watching his interviews etc... Seemed like a good guy. I have played a few courses that his management company ran and it seemed as if it is a top notch operation.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I know I'm days late to this party, but I wanted to add my thoughts on Billy. I've had a handful of opportunities to work with him, dine with him, and just sit around and talk with him. I was able to spend time with him as he established his Golf School in St George Utah. He remembered me by name after having met me months earlier. He could not wait to introduce me to his wife Shirley. He rarely could go longer than 30 minutes without mentioning her or his family. His son Byron talked to me a number of times about the challenges of having a father who played golf for a living, but always recognized his commitment to his family. Billy was always good and respectful to everyone around us, from head pros to the servers at the sandwich shop. He was full of life, loved to laugh and prod and joke and at the same time you should have seen him kick back and clap his hands with a big laugh when I finally produced the swing he knew I had in me one night. He was truly happy for me. The world lost a wonderful man. A true example.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.