• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R1 Driver

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi,

I was lucky enough to win the TM R1 Driver yesterday - collecting Thursday with Stiff Shaft.

I am currently playing with the TM Superfast 2.0 Burner 9.5 Deg and love it, the Superfast also has a Stiff shaft hence me staying with it.

The R1 however can be adjusted to the moon and back - anybody got experience with this club? What you think of this driver, luckily I know of all the love/hate feelings towards TM here...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
JPC, I really am one who believes that if a club is dialled in for your specs & is doing the job well then don't go changing things. I'd probably sell the club you won.

OP
J.P.C.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
JPC, I really am one who believes that if a club is dialled in for your specs & is doing the job well then don't go changing things. I'd probably sell the club you won.

I hear you TTR, but I still gonna try it out and see how it performs - I'm not selling my Superfast at all - but if the R1 will be of advantage to me I will definately keep it in the bag!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I hear you TTR, but I still gonna try it out and see how it performs - I'm not selling my Superfast at all - but if the R1 will be of advantage to me I will definitely keep it in the bag!
Okay, good luck with everything JPC.

I have two Nike VR Tour drivers with identical specs & custom fitted for me. Recently I was getting the ho-sweats over the Nike Covert Tour release but I've settled down after some recent rounds with my VR Tour. I'm hitting driver as long & straight as I've ever done it. Even took the Tiger line twice over trees in my last round. :) I can't see how a new driver could improve on things at the moment. I'll just wait for a bad round so I can blame everything on my driver. ;)

OP
J.P.C.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
Okay, good luck with everything JPC.

I have two Nike VR Tour drivers with identical specs & custom fitted for me. Recently I was getting the ho-sweats over the Nike Covert Tour release but I've settled down after some recent rounds with my VR Tour. I'm hitting driver as long & straight as I've ever done it. Even took the Tiger line twice over trees in my last round. :) I can't see how a new driver could improve on things at the moment. I'll just wait for a bad round so I can blame everything on my driver. ;)

correct, my Superfast is really superb, and i did not think about changing it all, but like i said, i got the R1 for free, might as well try it and who knows - maybe it gives me some more distance, maybe not.

did get it yesterday and made some adjustments to it last night - going to the range tomorrow morning to play the two drivers back to back and will decide from there - will also try the R1 in one round as well.

OP
J.P.C.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
well i spent a lot of time on the range over the weekend with this driver - it really feels awesome - made some more adjustment on the range and it feels better than my Superfast - i think the heavier clubhead makes a big difference to me.

i will test it on the course before i make final decision - but i does feel like a gamer to me!;)

Shootdeuces

Jan 3, 2013
Country
United States United States
I like mine. Took time getting used too. But now that I'm all dialed in, I'm liking it more and more

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Dont get too hung on the long and straight idea on the range. Those white heads are best for workability. I think the golfsmith catalog had them near the bottom of the long and straight group with the robot swing tester. great for playing imho. Do get the complete set of weights if you have ports .

🔥 Latest posts