• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R5 or R7

B

brandon_36

yeah im going to buy a new driver and i have tested out the r5 and i think i like it but my question is that would you spend 100 more and get the r7 or just go with the cheaper R5 o yeah and if you have either of them give my your point of view of them plz thanks guys

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
The R5 will be a little more forgiving. The R7 *may* help you out if you have a tendancy to hit a hook or slice. It won't be the end all be all cure but it might make it less dramatic.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
There is a New driver made by Tom Wishon at http://www.wishongolf.com/

It has taken the R7 idea to a new level. Inside the driver head is a weight mounted on some sort of cam and by turning the key on the bottom of the driver the weight is shifted inside the driver head. Pretty neat idea I thought. Maybe that would kill 2 birds with one stone and not kill your checkbook.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
I honestly wouldn't use a Taylormade club if someone gave it to me...all there clubs just seem really dead in the face compared to just about any other one that I have tried...IMHO!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Having just gotten rid of 2 Taylormade drivers myself I cannot disagree with that assesment.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
There is a New driver made by Tom Wishon at http://www.wishongolf.com/

It has taken the R7 idea to a new level. Inside the driver head is a weight mounted on some sort of cam and by turning the key on the bottom of the driver the weight is shifted inside the driver head. Pretty neat idea I thought. Maybe that would kill 2 birds with one stone and not kill your checkbook.

Dammit - I spent 15 minutes on two sites and could not find out how much the club costs?

What's the damage??

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's a componant.

The problem with the wishon site is that they hide that info from you.....you have to register and provide a pissload of info before they let you have the goods.

I'll fall on the sword for you and find out. :)

OP
B

brandon_36

the thing is that i can get an r7 from the pro shop for only 275 and it looks like its in good shape the head is scuffed a bit but its just about like it was in a bag with no head cover in it so i donno

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Yes but you can get a brand new Ping, Cleveland, Callaway, Cobra, or Titleist for $299 and be much better off!

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
It sounds like you are getting the store demo. Make sure you get the full weight kit and a head cover. The weight kit is about $90 and the cover will run you $25 so it may sound like a deal but if you want to resale it everyone will want those 2 items.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
By the way Bravo....Wishon won't sell to me or even give me a catalog unless I tell them a whopping lie. I don't think their stuff is so great they have to be elitist about it, but there it is.

OP
B

brandon_36

its not a demmo some guy got an ht i think and he sold his other one..

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
i use to have poor feelings toward taylor made drivers till i started hitting a r510 tp with a fujikara speeder 757 i picked up this winter. i really loved the club till i snapped the shaft on the first hole at a two man tournament a couple of weekends ago. taylor made is taking good care of me though and are sending me a new r7 tp to replace it. we'll have to see how it plays, i haven't had much time hitting one yet.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I hate TM drivers. Always have. I hit a playing parnter's 580 XD the other day, and it felt dead. The trajectory sucked, and distance was pittiful. Just goes to prove that drivers are different strokes.

🔥 Latest posts