• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R7 425 configuration

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
My new experiment is set to arrive tomorrow (I was hoping today) and I am not going to have a chance to hit it before a little fun members scramble on Thursday. I should just hit the 905R, but what the heck, this is just a fun little tourney.

My question is I want to try and configure it to hit a high draw. What weights should I be expecting to come from Global Golf and what position should I be configuring them to achieve this launch.

The specs on this is R7 425 non-tp with Diamana Blueboard 63 S. I am thinking low heel weight?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
You should get two heavy weights 8-12g's and two light weights 2-4g's in the head. Take one of your heavy weights in the port closest to the hosel (front left position when looking from above/behind the club at address.) Put your other heavy weight in the rear right position and the two light weights in the front right and rear left positions. If you not drawing the ball enough or at all, exchange the 2 rear weights so that you have the heavy weights on the left side and light weghts on the right side. If your drawing the ball too much, exchange the two left weigths so that the light weight are in the front positinons and the heavy weights are in the rear positions.

Simple, right? :D

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
actually yes Tim, great visual

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Taylor Made has a good tool on its website for the setup of the 425. I have mine setup as ualtim described and hit it pretty straight with a slight draw. For a bigger draw you may have to go more aggressive.

Jason

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You want something no one would ever expect?

Take out the weights and put peanut butter in the holes, :D

Honestly, what kind of ballflight would you prefer?

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Click on the weight configurator and then click around on the screen with the different ball flight options you can also change the swing weights to see what weights you might want to get and where to put them. You wont have many options with the weights you will get from GG.

TaylorMade Golf - Drivers - r7 425 TP - Overview

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
yours will come with 2 12s and 2 2s. from heel to toe set it up like this:

12-2-12-2

with the stock weights that is the best you can get to high draw.

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
TM weight configurator is recommending

2-12-12-2

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
oops - that's for the TP version. I guess there is a draw bias on the non tp version already.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
A slight draw bias, not in the weighting, but in a closed face.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Nothing happened for me until I tried 14s in the back and 2s in the front,got about a inch extra height,and then 14s in heel and toe,2 opposite.Got about another inch of shape.The Rombax shaft was truly dreadful for me though

Members online

No members online now.