• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R7 Questions

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Picked one up today for $120, anyway there are two 2's and 2 10's the tens are on the heel. I want to hit a draw so would this be the correct configuration? or should i move them over to the right side? Also I didnt get a headcover with it, does someone happen to have an extra R7 cover or should I talk contact TM and see if they can send me one? Thanks.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
More in the heel to help hit a draw, toe for fade. I'd say just set it up nuetral, see what it does, and go from there. Taylormade has lot's of info on the MWT on thier website.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What shaft/loft did you get BTW. That old dog is one of my favorites and I should just go back to one.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You can pick up headcovers on eBay pretty easy, not too expensive.

As for MWT questions, 10s in the heel will promote a draw, with a weight further back for height. Vice versa. But as Ez said, more at TaylorMade Golf

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
It wouldn't hurt to call TM customer support. I had lost my headcover once and gave them a call, few days later I had a new headcover in my mailbox.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Sadly it only had the stock shaft but its stiff and an 8.5* loft. Going out tommorow to hit the R7 and Slingshots for the first time.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Awesome! Goodluck! Hopefully it'll help ya kick some high school butt.

9/10 Women Surveyed prefer a man with long drives.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
as ez and jeff said, more grams in the heel= draw, and with 20 grams in the heel, it better not slice..

and call TM... they will almost always give you a new one... just simply tell them that golf galaxy didnt include a HC and the store told you to call them for one... i have done that with the hibore, r5, nike 400cc, cally x460... you get the point...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
and one more thing....

15, not to be negative, but 8.5 loft is no way gonna be good for you.. tiger hits 8.5... most tour players actually play with loft higher than that... i would have suggested 9.5....

give the MAS2 a fair shot, but imo it sucks donkey butt... ez and rock can direct you to a nice nvs(not the nv, you dont wanna lauch any lower, nv is a low launch shaft) for a nice price on ebay...

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I hit the ball EXTREMELY high with the 10* in the ERC so we'll try this out if it doesnt work out, so what ill just find someone with a 10.5 that wants to trade. I'll just put the ball on my front foot and tee it high. hopefully it'll work out.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I hit the ball EXTREMELY high with the 10* in the ERC so we'll try this out if it doesnt work out, so what ill just find someone with a 10.5 that wants to trade. I'll just put the ball on my front foot and tee it high. hopefully it'll work out.

ok... ive found you always need to have a good attitude when trying out clubs... imo the worse you think you are gonna do with it, the worse you really will do with it..

good luck!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I personally have played a bunch of expensive shafts and the MAS2 in my old R7 was pretty good for me.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Degree is entirely subjective. I hit an 8.5, and love it. As you can see, the 460 is my new starting driver--yeah, I know it was my 425, but my 460 has been going a lil further and a lil straighter as of late--and it's 8.5. The main thing is your swing type, doesn't Furyk use a 10.5?

Fastback

Nov 13, 2006
Degree is entirely subjective. I hit an 8.5, and love it. As you can see, the 460 is my new starting driver--yeah, I know it was my 425, but my 460 has been going a lil further and a lil straighter as of late--and it's 8.5. The main thing is your swing type, doesn't Furyk use a 10.5?

i think it comes down to how well you can drive the ball.. you will invariably get alot more side spin with an 8.5 vs a 10.5, so less likely to go straight if your swing is out. Many people dont hit lower lofts for this reason

🔥 Latest posts