• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R9 with Oban Devotion From Ken at Vicotry Custom Golf

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I have been playing a TM 425 with a Blue Board 65 stiff flex for around 5 months. I’ve been hitting a lot of fairways and getting pretty good distance, averaging 265 I would say. I ended up with an R9 9.5 with the stock motre shaft in stiff. I knew from a previous range session with a demo club that I hated the stock shaft. As soon as I got the R9 in hand I dropped Ken from Victory Custom Golf a PM and the shaft options were flying. I really like the Blue Board but I’m getting too much spin and having some ballooning issues with it. After talking with Ken I decided to go with the Oban Devotion 75 grm stiff flex shaft. I had it spined and a sweet New Decade white/black grip threw on it. The entire project from me sending it in and getting it back from Ken took about a week. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Now onto the performance. I’ve had two range sessions and two rounds with the R9. On the range I started out in Neutral position with the stock weighting options left how they were (1,16,1). Finding that this position and weight set up wasn’t good for me I started to mess around a little. I settled in with the NU position and the weights set as (2, 8,12). I’m in even more fairways and getting my drives to roll out finally. No more moon shots, but they aren’t worm burners either. The shaft feels great, I can give it 100% or I can lay off of it and it gives me consistent results. With the Blue Board I felt that I couldn’t go after it 100% or it was definitely going to be way too high.

So , thanks Ken for ALL the email questions I had and the great service.

Try one of the Oban’s from Ken you won’t be sorry.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Yeah, I've been eye balling that damn R9..

I hit one with a Fubuki in it..

Mmmmmm...

Pics?

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0924.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG
IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0933.JPG

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
looks nice and if ken had anything to with it its a solid club

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
It's definitely a very nice shaft.

As I'm getting stronger and swinging a little harder it's actually getting better.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kudos to Ken!

That's great to hear even more good things about the Devotion from Oban. I have the Devotion 8 on the way and I'm anxious to give it a go.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online