• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RAin Gloves!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played a surreal match the other night. It "pissed it down" all night (with 30mph winds thrown in to boot). It was extreme golf alright but I managed to play really well, partly down to using Rain Gloves (yes, left and right).

Effeminate as they may appear, these bad boys gave me 100% grip, in fact the wetter they got, the better they got. I think it really annoyed one of my opponents, who hands kept slipping. He kept looking at my hands probably thinking what a "Homme" I looked, but wishing he was metrosexual enough to wear a pair!:laugh:

They work, get some!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I wish I'd had some last night, was absolutly pishin it down, so bad that 9 of 16 people walked in. I still managed to win but ended up with absolutly soaked clothes which were pretty much skin tight, I got some very odd looks in the clubhouse.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I picked up some nice Gortex wets over the winter. Best investment ever. Only place I was wet was my ankles. If I'd tucked my trousers into my socks I would have been bone dry. My new Adidas Tour Metal II shoes played a blinder as well.

I have doen that "drowned rat" look several times. Not nice.

Seriously pick up some wet gloves. I had to sqeeze mine out every few holes, but they were simply awesome.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Seriously pick up some wet gloves. I had to sqeeze mine out every few holes, but they were simply awesome.

I definatly will, you just cant play golf in the rain unless your prepared (including waterproofs, wet gloves and the abilty to put on soaking wet greens)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Now do they make add-on "wipers" for us poor souls who wear eyeglasses. That is the bad part of playing in the rain for me. I can't see!!! :D

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
WBL, slap a little RainX on your Rec Specs and you'll be good to go! :)

I'm a fan of the wet gloves too - but I find they're better with certain types of grips than others

🔥 Latest posts