• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rained out...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I thought I was going to pack in some golf this weekend and the best laid plans of mice and men went awry.

I was set to play with a friend this morning at 7:30 - just a twosomeball....thought we could play in about three hours so I could head back to the house to set up the grill and cook some ribs...

Woke up at 4:30 to a big thunderstorm and it kept on coming...so I turned over and slept in. We needed the rain anyway so it will help the courses in the area...

Tomorrow - I have a tee time at Oak Mountain State Park. I will bring the camera and hope to take some good pix. This course is a candidate for the November trip. It originally opened about 35 years ago and was considered at one time to be a very good public access course. Then, it was neglected for a long time and slowly degraded in condition. At the same time there was an explosion of other upscale public courses in the area - like the RTJ Trail.

Last year, the Blaylock/Day Design team did a makeover on this course. This is a good course design company and they did the last redo on my home course. I like their work and they do a lot of makeovers.

I look forward to playing there tomorrow and submitting pix for everyone's review. From what I can tell on the website - the cost for a round at this course with a cart is about $35 - so if the course is good - this should be a bargain...

Getting ready to fire up the grill in awhile and cookout some babyback ribs in the rain...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Today was day 6 of 6 days of straight rain. The sun is out right now, but it looks like it could pour again anytime soon...

We definitely don't need the rain around here.....

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
All my complaining about the weather is over. We've had an excellent Memorial Day weekend, sunny and high 60's and I had my best ever round this morning (74).

Also played yesterday in a 2 man Best Ball and our team shot 80. Kinda funny that my ball today would have been 6 shots better than our team score.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:
All my complaining about the weather is over. We've had an excellent Memorial Day weekend, sunny and high 60's and I had my best ever round this morning (74).

Also played yesterday in a 2 man Best Ball and our team shot 80. Kinda funny that my ball today would have been 6 shots better than our team score.

Congrats VT...tell us more about that career round...the emotions etc as you knew you were getting close to your personal record..

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
Congrats VT...tell us more about that career round...the emotions etc as you knew you were getting close to your personal record..

I was thinkong about the score probably when I was one under and had 7 feet for birdie on the 210 yard par 3 8th. I made par there :( (I was actually 1 under until 13) It was a grind of a round 2 birdies and 4 bogeys. I got up and down from everywhere and was spinning the ball really well with the SW.

I hit it long on 18 and had a rediculously fast downhiller blade wedge that I did great to get within 15 feet. Two putted that for bogey and a 74, so I ended it on a downer.

Went out and played 5 more holes with a demo driver from the proshop and will comment on that in another post

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.