• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Raining Birdies (and Rain) Early at Merion

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a3.bp.blogspot.com__SbocJY7r__4_UbnG_KvGouI_AAAAAAAAGL4_T1IjWZNMXxE_s1600_2013USOpen.jpg

IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG DAY at the U.S. Open. The first round teed off on schedule but was suspended at 8:36 a.m. as the first band of a severe storm approached Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pennsylvania. Thunder is rumbling overhead as I sit in the media center.

Several groupings starting on the 1st and 11th tees were on Merion's East Course when play was suspended.

Ian Poulter began his round at the 11th, joined by Jason Dufner and Boo Weekley, and posted 3-3-2 to start his U.S. Open with three consecutive birdies. Poulter is the early, and I mean early, leader at 3 under par. Four players are at 2 under: Nicolas Colsaerts, Charl Schwartzel, Tim Clark and Charley Hoffman, who started his round birdie-birdie.

How much golf will be played today is an open question. When I will evacuate the media tent is also an open question. The most severe weather is expected this afternoon.

afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: Raining Birdies (and Rain) Early at Merion

Members online

No members online now.