• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Raking it in on ebay!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Hi everyone, i've not posted for a while. I've been busy getting my handicap down before the end of the season (down to 7.9 now from 9.3) & buying and selling clubs on ebay.

This last few weeks I've picked up some bargains and made a pretty penny on ebay. I've been looking for items with poor titles or not explained properly in the description.

For example I picked up a Mizuno MP001 for £55 and sold it for £105. In the description it just said Mp001 with stiff shaft good condition etc, etc. When I looked closly at the picture I could see the shaft was not the stock exar but a Fuji tour platform. When I placed my add I highlighted the spec of the club and said it was in mint condition not just good as they said. I highlighted that the shaft was worth £100 on it's own and Sold it for £105 buy it now.

This week I found a lot that said 'Titleist Vokeys, 52 deg, 56deg and 60deg' in the tiltle.
when I opened the page the description said 'Titleist vokey chrome 52 degree, 56 degree spin milled and 60 degree spin milled all in good condition'. Nobody had placed a bid with only an hour to go. The starting bid was £50 I set my max bid to £65 and won at £63. They have turned up and are in very good condition prob 8.5/10 so I will be selling them for between £45 & £55 each.

I have also won a brand new Cleveland hibore 9.5 degree stiff with stock shaft for £105, there selling at £249 locally. I will tape it up and give it a try. I have had one before but didn't get on with it, so it will probably be sold for a healthy profit.

My other bargains are in my bag, a Cleveland raw tour action special wedge 47* for £23 and an Odyssey XG #7 (fang) for £49. I'm waiting for my Sonartec SS 2.5 3 wood that i got for £55 to turn up this week that will be going straight in the bag.

Bargains are there to be had just look for lotts with no pics. Ask questions and get them to rate them out of 10. Also look for lotts with poor titles like the vokeys, if somebody had searched for 'spin milled' or 'Vokey' his lot would not have come up, hence no bids. The other way is just to look at lotts with less than a couple of hours to go that have had no bids on like the Hibore and in you go.

cheers MG.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If you buy any blades for a deal that I miss, hit me up!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I bought a Ping Answer for £20 and sold it for £35 recently,but the best deals on Ansers are those that the owner doesn't know how sought after some of the older ones are,such a recent 85020 that went for 12 quid!! Worth at least 5 times that

🔥 Latest posts