• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Raymond Floyd upset at Hall of Fame for inducting 'guys who don't belong'

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
What would you care? Arent you like the 20 something handicap who is interested in the new whizbang Nike Covert because it might help your game but has no interest in the all important shortgame improvement club made by Cleveland?

What is the deal with jumping on people? I don't get it? You've been a member here less than two weeks. Relax. Not everyone on the internet is an asshole to you and you should probably not expect they are being one when you have literally no experience talking to them on the forum.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Except that Mattingly never won anything either....nor was he found to be HOF material -as in repeatedly denied induction....just your fave, eh?
Sad, really. The Yanks won the year AFTER Mattingly retired. He's still my fave though. In his day he could really hit. Started watching him and the Yanks when I was 11.

Never said he was HOF material.

Feb 9, 2013
Country
What is the deal with jumping on people? I don't get it? You've been a member here less than two weeks. Relax. Not everyone on the internet is an asshole to you and you should probably not expect they are being one when you have literally no experience talking to them on the forum.

Not that my discussion with another party is any of your business, unless you are the other posters mommy or lawyer, but you apparently somehow missed the ad hominem manner in which I was "welcomed" to this discussion board regarding the effectiveness of the Cleveland Niblick scoring hybrid-irons in another thread.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Not that my discussion with another party is any of your business, unless you are the other posters mommy or lawyer, but you apparently somehow missed the ad hominem manner in which I was "welcomed" to this discussion board regarding the effectiveness of the Cleveland Niblick scoring hybrid-irons in another thread.
Hate to break it to you, but you're going to type-cast as the Niblick guy forever. It's not a bad thing though, so you might as well get used to being ribbed about it.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Love this gif!

Attachments

• popcornGIF.gif
    popcornGIF.gif
    20 KB · Views: 116
Feb 9, 2013
Country
Sad, really. The Yanks won the year AFTER Mattingly retired. He's still my fave though. In his day he could really hit. Started watching him and the Yanks when I was 11.

Never said he was HOF material.

FYI: I'm a lifelong, member of Red Sox Nation and detest all things Yankees...especially their bought and paid for "championships"....if you want to see a true dynasty look no further than the Boston Celtics...17 EARNED World Championships ....or the New England Patriots...most dominant team in the NFL this century -and doing it in a league with a salary cap (not collecting stars as if they were baseball cards a la NY Bankees)....perhaps the greatest accomplishment in pro sports.

Mattingly is paying penance for his sin of serving the evil empire now as he must contend with the cry baby prima donna likes of Beckett, Crawford and Gonzo in LA. Full squad workouts this week...wonder which guy's responsible for bringing the Chicken n Beer today?

So if you are a Yankees fan what's up with the 49ers avatar?

Feb 9, 2013
Country
Hate to break it to you, but you're going to type-cast as the Niblick guy forever. It's not a bad thing though, so you might as well get used to being ribbed about it.
Fine with me....the Niblick is generally one of the very last swings my opponent sees me make ....just before the tap-in birdie. :)

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
:D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

Yep, stogiesnbogies is forever "Niblick Guy", just like TEA is "Rory's Jockstrap Guy".:)

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
FYI: I'm a lifelong, member of Red Sox Nation and detest all things Yankees...especially their bought and paid for "championships"....if you want to see a true dynasty look no further than the Boston Celtics...17 EARNED World Championships ....or the New England Patriots...most dominant team in the NFL this century -and doing it in a league with a salary cap (not collecting stars as if they were baseball cards a la NY Bankees)....perhaps the greatest accomplishment in pro sports.

Mattingly is paying penance for his sin of serving the evil empire now as he must contend with the cry baby prima donna likes of Beckett, Crawford and Gonzo in LA. Full squad workouts this week...wonder which guy's responsible for bringing the Chicken n Beer today?

So if you are a Yankees fan what's up with the 49ers avatar?

Per your question about being a Mommy, I do own the site and would rather not see threads spiral out of control. Which is why I said what I said.

Per your Red Sox Nation comment, my friends wife is Governor of Louisiana Red Sox nation.

I took this outside Minute Maid Park in 2010... he was just hanging out chatting on the phone in front of everyone.

10150191882957465.jpg

🔥 Latest posts