• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RBZ Fun

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have a bunch of credit in our pro shop, so with the weather and my golf both picking up I went to get a RBZ 3 wood. They only had regular in stock, so pro is ordering up a stiff for me. I was checking the driver out too, and thought Fxxx it, I had enough credit to get both, so I treated myself to a 9.5 degree RBZ driver with a Matrix Ozik shaft in stiff. Keep in mind that I am 100% happy with my Superfast 2.0 driver right now. So after a warm up I managed to hit about a dozen shots each alongside the Superfast 2.0 yesterday. First impressions are:

• Head is more classic, smaller than SF2.0
  • Less graphics on crown
  • Feels same sort of swingweight
  • Although shafts say they are the same, they don't feel the same, might take me a while to dial in this one.
  • Sound is very different, much quieter, was expecting the opposite
  • Ball comes off RBZ lower, penetrating seems to run out A LOT MORE. There is a wrench with it, I might try adjusting it to higher ball flight
  • Didn't experience the ball exploding off the club-face as per TM's Marketing BS campaigns.

I think I already have a buyer for the SF2.0 but don't want to get rid of it just yet. Might need some more lab time first.

So my conclusions? I AM AN IDIOT! :biglol:

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
My buddy just bought the 3 wood and he loves it. I hit it and it is long but I didn't care for the over-sized profile.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I am currently swinging a 9* Ping G10 and have been thinking of getting a club with a bit more loft. I want to hit this in a 10.5 and try the R11. I don't understand why they put all the decals all over the head. This thing looks pretty traditional in shape but they insisted on making the head white and loading it with ridiculous looking stickers.

If this (or the R11) was released in a black, matte it would be in my bag already...

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
If this (or the R11) was released in a black, matte it would be in my bag already...

First couple of times it made a difference. Now I honestly don't even think about it / notice it at address. My mind is so focused on the back of the ball, it could be flashing neon pink and it wouldn't bother me. Hit 50 balls with a demo and you'll see what I mean. Results blind all imperfections!

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
First couple of times it made a difference. Now I honestly don't even think about it / notice it at address. My mind is so focused on the back of the ball, it could be flashing neon pink and it wouldn't bother me. Hit 50 balls with a demo and you'll see what I mean. Results blind all imperfections!

Lol I know I will love it. I hit my old R580x last night at the range and was nuking it. It's all about a new feel right now I think. I really want to hit the 3w though. Pretty much my only chance to demo these is into a net at golfsmith... It's just not the same as an open range.

Members online

No members online now.