• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Re-shafting a firesole 3 wood help

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Hey guys. I've finally decided on wanting to re-shaft one of my favorite clubs. It is an old TaylorMade Firesole 3 wood with the bubble shaft. I know it's an older club but I just love the head on this club and always hit it well.

My question is, does anyone have any experience putting a new shaft on this head? Guy at the golf shop said he couldn't do it bc of the type (size) of the club head. Am I SOL or is there something I can look into? Thanks.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know if there's anything special about that particular club head that would make it more difficult to replace the shaft on. However, new shafts aren't that difficult. Heat the joint to break down the epoxy bond(heat gun/torch/gas stove/friction if you're feeling froggy), remove shaft...clean up, install new shaft.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Old taylormade stuff had some weird tip diameters. Not sure about this one though. May want to research first.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
http://www.golfworks.com/images/art/TaylorMade.pdf

The above link shows the Taylor Made bubble shafts in Firesoles as .420 tip diameter. I doubt anyone even makes a shaft with that large tip diameter anymore. GolfWorks or Golfsmith might have some shims that would allow a more common tip diameter shaft to be used.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.