• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Real Friends?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
So there I was, lying peacefully asleep about 50 minutes ago, when my phone rings. I see that my buddy, who works the late shift at a gas station across town, is calling. I am confused and mostly asleep, yet I clearly hear him ask for a ride home. His keys are locked in his car, he says, and he doesn't want to break the window.

All right, fine. Damn I'm a nice guy. Go get him, bring the ungrateful bastard home. But I know that he would do exactly the same for me.

I don't have many real friends; many acquaintances that are quite friendly, but very few real friends. You guys got any?

:unhappy:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I have a couple, all through work. My boss is really cool & is definitely a friend. We help each other out, go to each others homes, go out to eat & drink, etc.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Yes, I have a good few created over the decades. Unfortunately, I don't see as much of them as I'd like to. The ironic thing is I see more of acquaintances and co-workers (that is, people I care less about) than I do my lifelong good friends.

True friendship seems a spiritual type of relationship. Life moves on. Good friends move away ... get on with their lives. You can pick up where you left off with a true friend (after a long passage of time) as if it was yesterday.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Yes, I have a good few created over the decades. Unfortunately, I don't see as much of them as I'd like to. The ironic thing is I see more of acquaintances and co-workers (that is, people I care less about) than I do my lifelong good friends.

True friendship seems a spiritual type of relationship. Life moves on. Good friends move away ... get on with their lives. You can pick up where you left off with a true friend (after a long passage of time) as if it was yesterday.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Good post true.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
One.

Always been like an unspoken thing that even if we hadn't spoken in a couple months, if one of us was in a bind somehow, the other would be there.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have 1 good friend that i know 100% would do anything for me if need be and i would for him as well.

They are few and far between thats for sure.

I have uncles that i know i can call anytime day or night if i need something, but those are family so i dont really count them in the friends category.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Just one that I know I could count on now matter what. Well, 2 actually counting his wife. Me and my wife have known them for over 20 years through our youngest sons. The boys were best friends all through school, raced BMX together, played football, the whole 9 yards.

We've, been all over the country together racing BMX, been to Talladega a bunch of times, both as couples and just me and him. We've sat in emergency rooms while each others kids got patched up from wrecks BMX racing and even ran to each others trucks doing donuts in a snow covered parking lot. It was actually pretty funny and luckily the bumpers hit and matched up almost perfectly, :D

The funny thing is, the boys have drifted apart, but we are still best friends.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
One.

Always been like an unspoken thing that even if we hadn't spoken in a couple months, if one of us was in a bind somehow, the other would be there.
I appreciate that, little buddy! ;)

Quite a few, actually. And, I agree with True's post 100%.

🔥 Latest posts