• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Really important thought...please read....

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
My Worst year ever may get worse tomorrow.....

As y'all know this has not been a good year for me or our business....

First, out PCS Class "A" clubfitter gets in an accident and is out of commission for almost a month...

Then, another employee has to get his colon removed.....goes back in for repairs...they find a blood clot...thin his blood...ends up bleeding internally...it gets fixed and awaiting reattachment of his Colon on Oct 24th.

The IRS (in thanks to really bad representation from a CPA I am suing) has hit us with a (now) $24k bill (which I was told by my NEW CPA should have been a REFUND of $1,200).

Then, the Iowa Floods hit...wiped out our shops,DRIVING RANGES AND COURSES...and with no flood insurance in Iowa, we're forced to deal with damages out of our pockets.....including not just the loss of a server...but as well as the back up server....and the company that maintained us, went underwater (and out of business)....forcing us to farm out assistance from out of state!

Unfortunately, because of this setback, we (understandably)DID lose our sponsorship here due to our tardiness to follow up with prizes as promised....

I am happy to say that those who had to wait for their prizes DID receive them...except for one (because of their unique request)...and that is being taken care of as we speak....WE ARE 90% REBUILT).

So as if this year wasn't difficult enough......Tomorrow my wife...who has supported me and gone out of her way to raise my spirits during all the bad times this year.....is going thru an unexpected and urgent surgery tomorrow for an ailment that if not done successfully...can alter her quality of life forever.

Guys, the reason I am posting this is not to gain sympathy...or any other ulterior motive.....I honestly at am the point where I am numb and almost don't care anymore...

The reason I am posting this is that after all I've gone thru this year....the loss of thousands of dollars, this year and over the next five years....(hopefully temporary)loss of business...loss of sponsorship here...loss of basically everything we built means absolutely nothing now.

It has educated me...

What is important....and really, when the dust settles....the ONLY thing important is your loved ones.

Every single obstacle that has been thrown at me this year I realize now I can handle.....but I seriously doubt I can handle it without her.

Without her, I have no reason to even try anymore.

Guys, I implore you.....be grateful for what you have....if it isn't perfect...either accept it, or work to make it better... but never should anything in life be secondary to your relationship with your spouse or S.O.

All I ask is sit there for a few moments and imagine life without your spouse.......and think when was the last time you told her/him how much you cared....and think how damn lucky you are to have her.

Take care everyone....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rory,

Life is small when the little things are held close. The rest is colour. Not much else matters beyond that small circle.

Give my best to your wife. We're all giving our best wishes that things come out on the right side of the fence for you and yours.

If you ever need to vent, speak your mind or need a pick me up, consider us your second home. We all have soft shoulders, can hold your chin up when the world gets heavy and will do whatever we can to help.

Take care.

Thomas
R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Great Post.

One of the best I've ever seen here.

Best of wishes to you and yours, Rory.

-YG

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Rory, my thoughts will be directed at you and your wife. I hope her surgery is successful. 2008 has been a tremendous financial hit for many of us.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Rory;

I sit here speachless after reading your post. How you have held up under everything is beyond me. Please know that you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

And thank you for the thought provoking post. You are absolutley right, all other things pale in comparison to our loved ones. And now if you'll excuse me, I need to call my wife and tell her how much I love her.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Rory,

Life is small when the little things are held close. The rest is colour. Not much else matters beyond that small circle.

Give my best to your wife. We're all giving our best wishes that things come out on the right side of the fence for you and yours.

If you ever need to vent, speak your mind or need a pick me up, consider us your second home. We all have soft shoulders, can hold your chin up when the world gets heavy and will do whatever we can to help.

Take care.

Thomas
R35
That. I could not have written anything closer to exactly what i was thining.

Keep goin Rory, and give all the best to your wife from me and my g/f.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Just said a prayer for your wife and you Rory. Hope she comes through the surgery well, and I hope you can overcome all the obstacles in your path.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Well, we don't ALL have soft shoulders. Rock just needs to hit the gym.

Don't lose hope until you know you're beaten, Rory. Your wife may come out of this just fine. Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Don't you love small business - you're most likely a better man in the end. Prayers are with your wife.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.