• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rebuilding the bag...

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
So first someone needs to pick up that 4 wood from cyberious that is an insane deal. I am not picking it up only because my wife had bought me a 2 iron hybrid from the store (she had seen me hitting them in the launch monitor and talking about getting them). They were supposed to be a surprise for christmas, but when I kept begging and getting told no for buying the club she had to explain.

So onto my changes:

Driver : Taylormade Tour TP with a diamana blueboard 43.75"

3 wood: Cleveland Launcher Ti 42"
2iron hybrid: Adams Tour gold

3-pw nike forged blades

56 & 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Studio Stainless

Going to hit the course this coming week and see how it works out. Will see if the 5 wood is coming back into the bag or if the 2 iron hybrid is a permanent addition.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I recently added my 3-iron back, and removed the 3 hybrid that was somewhere in the middle of my 3 and 4 iron. For that, I put in a 2-iron hybrid 17* that has been fantastic.

I think you'll like the utility of that hybrid over a chunkier wood. I've found that even some knock-down type, punchy shots with my hybrid will give me a whole different bucket of shots. I'll use that club, choked down alot, and 3/4 swings all the way down to 180, and be able to dial it in. :)

How long is your shaft in the hybrid? I think mine is 40.5... if I'm not mistaken.

OP
floggerrushmd

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I am not sure how long the shaft is in it. In the simulator it was carrying 245-250, but I figured with a bit of practice it will allow me to cover from 250-230. My 5 wood just wasn't allowing me to take anything off of it.

🔥 Latest posts