• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rechrome Miuras or Buy New?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Was in touch with Jim at the Iron Factory. To rechrome and regroove set will cost $34 pc. ie $272. I already have grips, ferules and shafts so I figure I'll get a "New" set of Miuras for less than $300. Or should I invest in newer technology with the cash?

What would you do?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What can you get for them on eBay? HOw old are they? How worn are they? And most importantly how much for the new set?

My thinking is this, if you invest $300 this year and in 2 years still need to buy new, well now your into it for the cost of the irons PLUS the cost of this years rechrome adventure.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
My opinion is a really weak one...LOL

It depends on what YOU want...but I can point out a few things to consider before you make your decision....the first one is the Miuras, despite being one of the sweetest feeling and looking heads on the planet have very low resale value.

However if I wasn't already a Miura dealer and owned a set, I think I would not wanna part with them too soon...I think i would "sample" other clubs, see if anything stands head and shoulders better than the Miuras...and THEN, if nothing does, rechrome the "M's"

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I think I am going to rechrome the 6 iron to see how it turns out. I practice with this one so it is the most worn out. Here's the before pics, I'll post up new pics of the after when I get it done.
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
get them re worked-- for practice time- use different clubs.. keep some old wedges, old set nd beat them at the range to work on a swing issue - timeing etc.. save the main set for weekend war time*

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
get them re worked-- for practice time- use different clubs.. keep some old wedges, old set nd beat them at the range to work on a swing issue - timeing etc.. save the main set for weekend war time*
I couldn't do that. I have to practice with what I play with. Every club/set has it's own nuances in look and feel. Even two sets of the same clubs I think wouldn't feel exactly the same.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
understand 100% deal with alot of college/ mini tour pro's. and when it is just time to work on tempo - form etc.. they use a back up set to hone in these spots- thus fresh grooves for real play. just fyi brother. play on.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.