• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recommendation for .335 regular flex ultalight shaft

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I want to replace the shaft in my Cobra driver with an ultralight regular flex shaft.

So far I'm considering a VS Proto 60-R or a Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 if I can find a new or pulled one for under $100.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Find out what Xcon was in that driver of your friends. I'm totally off the VS proto bandwagon. I was getting very poor smash factor numbers on a monitor with dead, dead center strikes. I was told by a guy that knows his $hit that the VS has notoriously poor power transfer.

If you can find an older model Speeder shaft, that might be worth a shot. I think they made 552 and 652?

Edit - They had the 553, mid launch low spin 59g.. 569 high launch, mid spin 54g.. 652 high launch, mid spin 66g..

553 sounds like a mean shaft if you could find one.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Diamana Blueboard in regular flex?

The X-Con he has was the X-Con 5 in stiff. There are a few in stiff on ebay but the regulars are hard to find.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
Doc, My swing speed with the driver is fairly slow...95,96 and I play a stiff matrix xcon 6 in my FT-5 and have no problem getting it to load...feels great actually. I don't think you'd have any trouble with it. Also, I tossed that question out there recently about the "made for" shafts which is what you'll find mostly on the bay,,,pulls from Titleist, Cobra, TM...ect.... Supposedly these are all watered down versions of the Matrix.....looks to me like torque is the only real difference. In a "real" x-con you'll see 2.5 as the torque number, the TM version is 3.5 for the same shaft....in my mind that equates to a flexier shaft. Again, not a shaft expert, just someone that reads a lot.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Thanks. I found a Diamana Blueboard 65R pull for not too much. I'm gonna give that a try while still looking for a X-Con 5 regular.

I'm trying to go as light as possible to get a little more distance. :D

🔥 Latest posts