• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Recommended Reading for Great Golf Tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlaurino

Aug 20, 2009
Hey everyone, I just thought I'd stop in to recommend a few books that will help your swing or your putting game. :wow:

One of the titles is authored by Jack Nicklaus called Putting My Way, a sequel to his first book Golf My Way. We all know that Jack's way will most likely fix the kinks in your game. Whether you're new to golf or have been playing for years, Putting My Way will help you take charge of your putting technique, practice, and execution and see results that lift your game.
<O:p</O:p
The Slot Swing The Proven Way to Hit Consistent and Powerful Shots Like the Pros by Jim McLean also offers great tips to improve your swing! Great ball-strikers like Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, and Jack Nicklaus were slot swingers. Today, Tiger Woods, Sergio Garcia and Jim Furyk provide dramatic examples. Now leading golf instructor Jim McLean shows you how to find the slot to take your game to the next level. With step-by-step instructions and more than eighty illustrations by leading golf illustrator Phil Franke, The Slot Swing makes it easy.
The Putting Prescription The Doctor's Proven Method for a Better Stroke by Dr. Craig Farnsworth is aptly named because the author is actually an optometrist. Dr. Craig Farnsworth has helped more than 125 Tour pros improve their putting games from good to outstanding. Now, you can raise the level of your game using the same innovative techniques that have helped Nick Faldo, Annika Sörenstam, Bernhard Langer, and many others become masters of the green. Whether you suffer from sloppy setup, tight grip, pushing, pulling, or "the yips," The Putting Prescription will cure what ails you!
Hank Haney also authored a book called Hank Haney's Essentials of the Swing A 7-Point Plan for Building a Better Swing and Shaping Your Shots . You may remember Haney from the TV show on the Golf Channel “The Haney Project” in which he attempts to help Charles Barkley fix his swing! :prop: In Hank Haney's Essentials of the Swing, the world's premier expert on the golf swing takes you back to step one to master the essentials and build a complete, powerful, and consistent swing that will improve your game quickly and keep you playing better for years to come.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
So, when do you put the link to your store in the thread and get banned?

OP
J

jlaurino

Aug 20, 2009
When do you pick one of these books up and start working on your game?

gwlee7

Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
By using those particular books? Not anytime soon especially since your descriptions all sound like press releases that you've cut and pasted right off the back covers or dust jackets. Tell me your experience using the books and I might consider it.

If you are not a spammer just waiting for the right time to put your links to your business in a thread, don't pay me any mind. I'm not to be taken seriously and welcome to shottalk. However, if you are getting ready to put a buymycrap.com link in here, people are going to continue to ridicule you until you go away.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
When do you pick one of these books up and start working on your game?

i just googled you and i see you're doing this on other forums, and spamming the crap on a college football book on Twitter. what is your true intent again?

this one's my favourite, on a classical music forum you just joined up on(you are a new member on all the forums i googled ) :

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make you all aware of an upcoming book that has a ton of infomation on Mozart. :D

The guide is conceived as a handy, easy-to-use basic reference to Wolfgang Amadeus...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Great pick-up NVM.

"Dear Spammer, the mother ship is calling. Time to be on your way".

OP
J

jlaurino

Aug 20, 2009
So I happen to enjoy golf, classical music, college football, and professional. Ah yes, that's impossible. I'm not attempting to sell you anything. Instead, I'm merely spreading the word about various books that I find helpful. Very true the descriptions of the books consist of copy straight from the back of the books or websites, but there's no reason to change the descriptions if they accurately portray the books as they should be. My apologies for inconveniencing any of you by merely spreading the word. Had my posts been completely irrelevant to golf or trying to sell a product of mine, then I could expect such responses. Great pick-up NVM :laugh:

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
So I happen to enjoy golf, classical music, college football, and professional. Ah yes, that's impossible. I'm not attempting to sell you anything. Instead, I'm merely spreading the word about various books that I find helpful. Very true the descriptions of the books consist of copy straight from the back of the books or websites, but there's no reason to change the descriptions if they accurately portray the books as they should be. My apologies for inconveniencing any of you by merely spreading the word. Had my posts been completely irrelevant to golf or trying to sell a product of mine, then I could expect such responses. Great pick-up NVM :laugh:

so, even when you spam books that aren't even out yet, how did you find them helpful?

Hey everyone! I just wanted to put you guys on notice that James Galway has an autobiography coming out very soon!
icon_biggrin.gif
You can check out the book by clicking on the link below.

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
so, even when you spam books that aren't even out yet, how did you find them helpful?

busted!!!!! what a loser. im sure the back of the book accurately portrayed what they meant to you. why don't you share a piece of information from each book that helped your golf game.......then maybe you will gain some credibility

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
AS has been said, if you're legit, welcome to Shot Talk.

If not, be prepared to be flamed, we've taken the art of tormenting spammers to a new level here, :D

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I've got something you might want to try... it's really good! My daughter loves it tho I can't stand it!

awww.sticksite.com_spam_spam.jpg

gwlee7

Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005

LOL at that. You haven't actually read any of them have you? Tell me one thing that Jim Mclean suggests you do to increase lag on the downswing. Can you? I am waiting......

EDIT: You can't tell me because this book hasn't been released yet either. Douchebag

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
jlaurino,

I'm closing this thread. Thanks for the recommendations. Any questions, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts